Personality over Looks?

Hive

Hive, brother, what up with you?

You swing into here every now and then, with some surface level nonsense, about how you can't get a date because everyone wants a 5'11" stud with a Maserati. Except it turns out you're out there nabbing celebrity lookalikes like it ain't no thang?

Which is it, bro? Judging from your past threads, it kinda sorta sounds like you've got a taste of the very something-something you thought was just impossible in this cold modern world: a date with a cute girl who doesn't mind your height and, I dunno, 2006 Toyota.

If you ain't feeling it, you ain't feeling it—happens. That's dating. But maybe give it a second? Like, remember how cold and mean it was out there? Or is J-Law knocking on the door?

And Hive hasn't been back since his intitial post.

I only dated 1 guy that I was Very attracted to, the same night I met him. IN FACT...I was attracted to him BEFORE I met him!!! In my high school year book. He was across the page from me, and I had never seen him...but I was smitten. We had already graduated and I would stare at his pic! I had been dating a guy for about a year....going on 2. Was engaged. (yeah...I know) and never had been out to a bar. And drinking age was 18 back then. My gf had just broke up with her bf and asked me to go dancing. My bf didn't want me to...but I went. I had barely sat down, when the man of my dreams from the year book, rushed over and asked me to dance! His best friend asked my gf. We were swept off our feet. The both drove corvettes and were best friends. I went home the next day and dumped my bf of 2 years!

Destiny.

It lasted 2 or 3 months and he met someone knew. Then later he got really fat, and became a obscene phone caller weirdo. (fat meaning a hundred pounds overweight!)

Didnt get married til I was 32. Met my husband at a bar/dance and he was the best looking guy I ever dated. He proposed in 1 month! Married in 10 months. Then he turned UGLY by his personality! He had been 30 when I met him, and never had a gf longer than 3 months. Shoulda told me something.

And like I said at the beginning...my last bf....who i'm just getting over now....lasted over 5 years. BY FAR the least attractive guy I ever dated. Short. Fat. Bald. You get the picture. BUT the comradery and sex was off the charts. (once I finally decided to kiss him)

I'm now going to be 64. Much more difficult to find a 'hot' man. Went to my class reunion. Met a guy who was crazy over me...yes...he was crazy. (first date, he already had my pic on his phone screensaver...and told his kids he met his princess!!! YIKES) Best looking guy at the reunion, but I went out with him 3 times....and I was BORED TO TEARS!

So Hives. What's it gonna be?

I vote give her a dammmm chance.

Archived