Dating with kids (blended families)

Sp Cowboy

Thanks for the input everyone. I broke it off last night. A week straight of being yelled at, just because I asked why is it ok for her to go on a 9 day vacation with her kids ok but it's a problem for me taking just my daughter to a football game did it in. To her, my logic made no sense and me making the comparison was ruining their vacation and I should have been happy and never brought it up. She also told me I'm like a spoiled child on Christmas who is jealous that other kids are getting toys, and that it must be because I wasn't brought up right.

Sorry to hear this. It must have been difficult, but you were already here asking and you did the right thing. You will find much better women than this, who will appreciate you and your daughter.

I broke it off last night. A week straight of being yelled at, just because I asked why is it ok for her to go on a 9 day vacation with her kids ok but it's a problem for me taking just my daughter to a football game did it in.

It actually was. It was emotionally heartbreaking but it was the logical thing. All the signs were there and continued to be there that my daughter and I deserve much better. Still hurts to say goodbye to someone you love, and to know that you may never see the kids you've grown to love again. I don't doubt it was the right decision though.

Archived