How to cope with cheating partner with no remorse or respect

Alippp

Hello all,

Me and my partner were together 2 years. We moved in a flat together in August. Last Saturday I discovered that they had been cheating on me using dating apps and had fallen for someone else. I asked him and he denied it. I showed him the proof, he did not say anything. He never even apologised but he did accept that he had been. He had cheated on me before we moved in together as well. I packed up my bags, I moved out and now in the process of finding a new home for myself. I arranged for the landlord to stop the contract early and he may continue to live there until the end of next month while I stay with family. I asked him to stay out the flat this weekend and he said that was okay. He then sent me angry messages saying that I had made him homeless for the weekend and that his friends not being able to let him stay was also my fault. I told him that I did not want to stay in the flat as I'm still very hurt by the situation but I needed to because I need to clear my stuff out and sort out other stuff. He came back with a sarcastic comment saying how difficult it must be for me and that at least I'm not homeless for a weekend ? I'm extremely hurt by this whole situation. I have never cheated on him, I let him stay in the flat because he doesn't have family to stay with. I have tried my best to treat him with respect but he is making it so hard for me to keep it together. I don't know how to feel or what to do any more. I feel a complete mess while I try to sort my life out.

Tell him to go stay with one of his cheating partners and then block and delete him. Bring a friend with you to help you get your stuff out of there in case he comes around. He's an jerk so be glad you found out now before you got in any deeper with him.

Sorry you're going through this but don't let him bully you a minute longer. He made this bed so don't be taking on guilt for what he's caused himself.

Sorry to hear you are going through this.

He does not sound like a person what so ever.

Making you feel guilty for leaving. It is not your fault he will be "homeless".

I agree with ThatwasThen.

Take a friend. Get your stuff. Then block. He does not having anything nice to say to you even though he is in the wrong.

He is not worth anymore of your time.

I'm so very sorry about all this.

Hard as it is, understand that the way he is treating you is just a reflection of his own bullish*t. He has no respect for himself—nor should he—and when you don't respect yourself you don't treat others with respect. He's trying to make himself feel better by brining you down, which, aside from his cheating, shows you his lack of character.

He's not worth your time. In just the few sentences you've written it's clear that you have a sound mind, a warm heart—that's beautiful stuff, real stuff. Honor it by protecting it, by getting out of this situation and onto the next chapter in life.

His actions say nothing about you, your value. They are a verdict only on himself, and the verdict is not a good one.

You did the right thing contacting your landlord and moving out. Stop communicating with him except for the logistics of getting your stuff and getting out of the lease. Unfortunately he is a case of once a cheater, always a cheater.

I arranged for the landlord to stop the contract early and he may continue to live there until the end of next month while I stay with family. I asked him to stay out the flat this weekend and he said that was okay.

Archived