Should I still push through with our group vacay with ex?

JustineDelz2

Half a year ago we all went to a Ukraine ski trip with my then girlfriend’s group of friends. It was really fun and we all enjoyed each other’s company. Which is why we all decided to do it again next year. We’ve booked our tickets I think a month before my ex and I broke up. Such a bummer I know. But since we remained friends, she and I put the thought of our vacation to the side. Now that the year is about to end, our companions are already over-excited for the upcoming trip. I’m not sure though if I should still push through with it. The dates would fall on our anniversary week. In fact, the day would fall on the middle of our week-long trip. Would it be awkward if both of us will go? Should I still go with her friends even if she’s not there?

Half a year ago we all went to a Ukraine ski trip with my then girlfriend’s group of friends. It was really fun and we all enjoyed each other’s company. Which is why we all decided to do it again next year. We’ve booked our tickets I think a month before my ex and I broke up. Such a bummer I know. But since we remained friends, she and I put the thought of our vacation to the side. Now that the year is about to end, our companions are already over-excited for the upcoming trip. I’m not sure though if I should still push through with it. The dates would fall on our anniversary week. In fact, the day would fall on the middle of our week-long trip. Would it be awkward if both of us will go? Should I still go with her friends even if she’s not there?

Well, are you friends with them anyway, or only through her?

The fact that you know it would have been your anniversary and feeling like you have "push through" it suggests you're still healing and this would be difficult for you. For that reason, I would opt out.

Go on a vacation with your own friends. The only huge mistake is being friends with the ex so you can't move on and are now in her friendzone.

This is a big mistake regardless of group friends, vacations, etc. What if you see her making out with a new guy on the trip? By being in this friendzone as "friends" you may have to contend with that type of thing. On vacation or in general.

H We’ve booked our tickets I think a month before my ex and I broke up. But since we remained friends, she and I put the thought of our vacation to the side. Would it be awkward if both of us will go? Should I still go with her friends even if she’s not there?

I think that you should not go -- they are her friends first and you should cancel so that she can enjoy the trip with her friends instead of her canceling out of awkwardness. And make sure you tell her so she knows that she is free to go. Afterall, the accommodations probably had the both of you sharing a room.

Yes it would be very awkward if you both go. Given they are her friends, the kind and respectful (and high value thing for you) to do would be to back out and let her go... and then find something else fun to do with your own group of friends.

Archived