What is this guy doing..

Creamybutter

So i have a close guy friend who got married recently. At his wedding he introduced me to his single best friend who lives in another city.

We kept in touch over text and stuff..but I guess we are very different.

Recently he has made plans to visit our city.

He has not even told his friend about it and apparently barely in touch. He's been texting me everyday asking me for recommendations and general info (stuff you can also Google). Almost everyday.

I'm a bit perplexed. Why ask me but not your best friend?

Probably his friend just sits at home and drinks beer rather than getting out. Why don't you just give him some recommendations? Having someone recommend something they've been to is a lot better than consulting Google. If you can't do it, then tell him you don't get out much either.

You seem to have a pattern here of pretending to be helpless as to how to respond to someone who contacts you - it's mostly just common sense. Be thoughtful, be kind or polite as appropriate, stay true to your values and boundaries. No analysis needed much of the time.

It seems to me this guy is dropping hints six ways to Tuesday that he would like to meet up with you while he's in town...take the bait. You can organize with your mutual friend and see if there's stuff to do together, but I think it would be worth your time to consider a couple activities you can do alone. It seems to me, he's using an easy excuse of his travel plans to encourage conversation with you..work with it or don't. He seems interested in you, and this is his "fishing line" to open up communication with you.

You state you are very different, so are you interested in pursuing at least something temporarily while he's in town, or nothing at all?

Archived