Friend appears fake to me

jkony

I want to ask you about somebody whom I have considered my best friend for years, but now I am starting to realize how fake he has been to me all the time. I have always been here for him, supported him when he was going through hard time in his life and he has never done this to me. But this might be because I have never actually had a hard time that needed him to help. He gets upset easily with me about things normal person wouldnt even care, and if things did his other friends, in my opinion he wouldnt even care. We fight generally few times an year, again about things normal person wouldnt even care and he stops talking to me because of these fights for example for a week. Even though im mostly right in the fight. Then, he doesnt even tries to solve it and starts randomly talking about something else. He also sometimes insults me publicly in front of my friends etc. I think he is a really selfish person, because everytime he needed help I was there for him, and when he insulted me yesterday about a thing which actually didnt make even sense, I got angry and texted him I am right and I dont know what he is so upset about. This message he ignored for a day, later he sent me a photo he made with a text saying "you are not center of my universe, I dont have time for anyone now, shut up and look at my photo". I texted him if he even read my message and if he didnt, he doesnt care about me and we dont have to continue talking anymore. I think he is not interested my life, because rarely he asks me about things happening my life and talks often about himself. I feel lack of respect from his side, because he doesnt seem interested in my feelings, because everytime we fight I dont feel like he has EVER considered I might be right about his rude behaviour to me. When we talk, personally or via facebook, I am stressed when he gets upset and which insults hes gonna do it to me etc. On the other way, which may sound weird, this is one of my closest persons in my life and I dont want to lose him. but when I try to talk to him, it seems like he doesnt even listen. Any tips?

I think you have to assess why you consider this person to be a close friend/your best friend, because I’m not quite sure how you’re benefiting from this relationship. Not sure why you’d want to keep this person in your life?

This so-called friendship sounds extremely unhealthy and toxic. I’d consider cutting ties since it sounds like it takes more effort than it’s worth.

When the bad in a relationship outweighs the good, it’s time to walk. Plus, it doesn’t sound like he wants to make the effort to resolve things. There are some relationships that aren’t worth saving.

I think you have to assess why you consider this person to be a close friend/your best friend, because I’m not quite sure how you’re benefiting from this relationship. Not sure why you’d want to keep this person in your life?

This so-called friendship sounds extremely unhealthy and toxic. I’d consider cutting ties since it sounds like it takes more effort than it’s worth.

When the bad in a relationship outweighs the good, it’s time to walk. Plus, it doesn’t sound like he wants to make the effort to resolve things. There are some relationships that aren’t worth saving.

The bad doesnt outweigh the good. the good is bigger part but I want to resolve this

He insults you in public, has a short temper (it seems), isn’t willing to help you out when you need his support and in all honesty, sounds childish. Plus, you refer to them as seeming fake in your post. I just know that I couldn’t handle a friendship like this. I wouldn’t have the patience.

The only thing you can do is talk to him about it. If he isn’t willing to hear you out and work at resolving this issue with you, you either have to accept the way things are, or walk away.

If he isn’t willing to resolve, and you continue with this friendship, maybe you should consider approaching one of your other friends if you need advice or support regarding an issue. This may help lessen the arguments between you two, and/or his angry/irritable outbursts.

Archived