Struggling with unrequited feelings and being removed from social media

What you wrote above about good looking guys only going for models was written generally. Thank you for clarifying.

I think it's a big mistake professionally to gossip about him to your manager. Let it go - you are an employee -the manager has a lot more leeway in gossiping and it makes you look like you can't let go of the past and that you're getting involved in negative gossip about what everyone else thinks. It's irrelevant now. Spend your time productively contributing to your employer -that is your job not to gossip about past employees especially.

Yeah. Everyone has given good advice here but I'd like to reinforce this... try to always avoid gossip about other colleagues at work. It can backfire or make people think you're not trustworthy. Focus on your job, be friendly and polite with your colleagues and don't bring your personal feelings about him (or anyone to work) to your workplace. It's ok to talk about him to friends outside work or here but not at work. Besides your manager has more important things to worry about than your hurt feelings about a co worker that no longer works there.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. Everyone has given good advice here but I'd like to reinforce this... try to always avoid gossip about other colleagues at work. It can backfire or make people think you're not trustworthy. Focus on your job, be friendly and polite with your colleagues and don't bring your personal feelings about him (or anyone to work) to your workplace. It's ok to talk about him to friends outside work or here but not at work. Besides your manager has more important things to worry about than your hurt feelings about a co worker that no longer works there.

+1. Completely agree. Gossip at work leads to nothing good.

Archived