Any opinions would be appreciated

Here’s the update, she called again yesterday. I couldn’t answer in time, so she emailed me, said she wanted help finding tickets online because she was having a hard time doing so. She thanked me for trying to reach out, but she went to a travel agent. She said she wondered why I didn’t reply to her texts, told me she’ll get in touch when she gets back and to take care and wished me happy birthday again...

Got a call from her a few minutes after the email and I talked to her. I gave her my condolences and told her she could’ve easily figured this all out by herself and that she didn’t need to reach out. Somehow she tried to flip the script on me during the convo and make it look like I’m trying to bring up the past and start an argument. I cut it short and told her to put a hold on the drama and that I wasn’t bringing up anything...I told her let bygones be bygones.

So I kept it short, didn’t want to prolong the convo but it was all small talk. She’s breadcrumbing and reaching out when there’s absolutely no reason for her to in the first place.

After that call I sent her an email after realizing she blocked another one of my email addresses. She basically keeps the line of communication open on her end, but stops me from being able to reach out to her...although under no circumstances was I going to reach out to her until she hit me with that family death. Long story short I sent her an email told her I truly am sorry for her loss, I didn’t want to bring this up now but please do not contact me again. There’s a part of me that still cares and doesn’t like seeing someone I care about upset so I answered back. This is the second time you contact me for absolutely no good reason, when you could’ve easily handled the situation yourself. Last time tipsy, and this time for something you could’ve easily handled by yourself or had family and friends help you out with. There must be a reason you keep reaching out. Sort your feelings out and then talk to me, otherwise don’t contact me again because at this point I’m looking out for myself and you reaching out is not good for me

So I kept it short, didn’t want to prolong the convo but it was all small talk. She’s breadcrumbing and reaching out when there’s absolutely no reason for her to in the first place.

After that call I sent her an email after realizing she blocked another one of my email addresses. She basically keeps the line of communication open on her end, but stops me from being able to reach out to her...although under no circumstances was I going to reach out to her until she hit me with that family death. Long story short I sent her an email told her I truly am sorry for her loss, I didn’t want to bring this up now but please do not contact me again. There’s a part of me that still cares and doesn’t like seeing someone I care about upset so I answered back. This is the second time you contact me for absolutely no good reason, when you could’ve easily handled the situation yourself. Last time tipsy, and this time for something you could’ve easily handled by yourself or had family and friends help you out with. There must be a reason you keep reaching out. Sort your feelings out and then talk to me, otherwise don’t contact me again because at this point I’m looking out for myself and you reaching out is not good for me

And just like that you gave her that ego boost by telling her in no uncertain terms the door is wide open.

I never got closure from her, so I’m making my own, her 2 months of silence was basically my closure until she called me again. Didn’t expect an apology, but I forgave her. I told her let bygones be bygones, but I’m not ready to open wounds again so I had to say something I’ve wanted to say for a long time but never had the courage nor the chance to say. She knows I care for her but her staying in touch does me no good, so I had to share how I feel and tell her to either speak her mind or be ready to not have me in her life. I found this way, considering the death, was the most upfront and mature way to handle it without losing any self respect and not being an utter d*ck to her. I know some of you won’t agree with me, and believe this is an ego boost for her, but this way I will either never hear from her again and can completely heal, or she realizes things have changed and we can actually sit down and have a decent adult conversation about what transpired and either go our separate ways or try and reconcile. I’m at peace with whatever happens, this email feels like a weight was lifted off my chest and the ball is in her court. I can move on now and be totally content with whatever happens. For now I’m just going to stick to NC...that’s all I can and will do.

Archived