My ex-bf now has a new girl after leading me on for 6 months

You need higher standards for yourself, OP.

There is a difference between making positive changes to improve a relationship, and changing for someone who's openly told you he's dating other girls. You don't twist yourself into pretzels once the other person has opened the door to finding your replacement.

Yes, this other girl has probably been on his radar for some time. It's better that you found out now so that you can bow out completely and have no more contact with him at all.

He definitely made me feel like our issues were my fault, and that I had to work to be better for him. Now I realize that he completely shattered my sense of self worth — it was a combination of the way he guilt-tripped and the way he treated me. It think it’s going to take a long time to rebuild.

This is what an abuser does. A textbook example. Google "emotional abuse" to read about it and suggested ways to recover from it.

Yeah, I get it. I know it is my fault for allowing this to happen. I'm trying to understand why as this is the first time it has happened. My other ex-bfs treated me well but when we went our separate ways, it was amicable and respectful. This situation is such a far cry from my past experiences.

Archived