My Ex Misses Me But Doesn't Know If She Wants a Relationship

How can I guide her back into a relationship and maximise my chances of getting her back?

Me and my ex talk regularly and things are great. We were long distance and we're meeting up very soon so we can spend some time together. We really enjoy each other's company but we're just friends right now and that's not what I want. She also mentioned that she wants me to "prove her wrong".

After seeing an instagram post from me, she texted me to say how cute she thought I looked and that she's upset about it, as well as telling me that she misses me, twice. She knows that I want to get back together but says she just wants to be friends for now as she doesn't know what she wants to do about the relationship. She said that even if we aren't back together, she'd love to go travelling with me again. That was always our thing but I don't know how I feel about that and I've let her know that I'm not cool with being friends long term with someone who I was in love with.

Well normally I would say tell her and if she don't feel the same then go NC. But your case is different because many days they want to be friends, they never really hang out like that.

Next time you meet escalate into something more. Go for the kiss etc... If she says something like we are just friends then you tell her you can't be friends and then see how she reacts. If she goes then she goes. If not then good for you. Before she goes make her understand absolutely no chance she should contact you unless she wants to get back together. Then go NC. Then start living your life already.

Well normally I would say tell her and if she don't feel the same then go NC. But your case is different because many days they want to be friends, they never really hang out like that.

Next time you meet escalate into something more. Go for the kiss etc... If she says something like we are just friends then you tell her you can't be friends and then see how she reacts. If she goes then she goes. If not then good for you. Before she goes make her understand absolutely no chance she should contact you unless she wants to get back together. Then go NC. Then start living your life already.

Thanks for the advice. She's already admitted that she thinks we'll end up hooking up when we meet up but doesn't want that to lead me on

Don't let her friendzone you if you want more. Have some self respect. Why are you willing to give her all the perks of friendship and traveling, most likely at your expense, just to keep her close? Sitting in her friendzone won't get her back.

What will is being honest, telling her you want more, and saying you won't accept just friendship. Let her miss you more.

If she wants you to prove yourself, then she needs to agree to want to try to rekindle the relationship. You're giving all your power away to her because she knows she's got you wrapped around her little finger.

thanks for the advice. I'll let her know how I feel

Hopefully you are each paying your own way because she's been pretty clear that you're just friends and travel buddies. Does she know you expect sex on this trip?

In a few weeks I’m going to be meeting up with my ex, we were in a long distance relationship for 8 months. She lives in DC and I live in London so meeting in person is kind of a big deal and it’s only happened once since we met in the summer and spent a couple weeks together.

Archived