Is he interested?

sam1256

So, I met this guy on the app. And we agreed to meet for a drink last Saturday. we didn't get to swap numbers or anything, I didn't ask for it and neither did he. He told me a lot of things about his family and stuff and his job and everything, and he told me he was going somewhere for camping the next day. I thought the date went well, we had a great conversation. I thought he was interested in me, normally if I go on a date if a guy is not interested in me I can tell. He was normal looking but wasn't the super cute type but I could feel that he was really nice, so I thought ok this guy should not be too hard. I was pretty confident with the date, and I went home feeling happy thinking I found a nice guy.

However, later in the day, I was hoping that maybe he'd message me first on the app. so I waited till very late in the night, and he didn't do anything. I was getting more and more frustrated and worried. so I decided to message him first and make sure if he's all good. I said, "how was your day?". I waited for a long time, I was very nervous at the time, I kept waiting but he didn't respond. But he was clearly on and offline for a few times. I remember he told me about not being on the app all the time, and cannot see the messages. so I thought ok maybe he didn't see it.

I waited for another day still no reply, so I asked: "guess you didn't like me?" I don't know if he saw the message or not.

And after that, he went offline completely for a whole week (he told me about gonging away for camping for a week the next day, but he didn't tell me exactly how long). and I deleted the account and created a new account, so he can't see our previous chat anymore. But I found him online again just now after a week.

is he really not interested, should I ask him about that? is it weird that if I ask him that using a new account?

I really felt like he was interested in me, and thought that he was a nice guy, normally on the dating app, if someone doesn't like you they'd block you right? but he didn't...... this makes me really frustrated:icon_sad:...

And thank you, everyone, for reading this!!!!

DO NOT ask him using a new account. Truth is, whatever you were dishing, he wasn't having for whatever reason. Maybe during the date, you told him that you weren't just looking for sex and it turned him off at some point because that is all he wanted. If he was interested, you would know. You left the ball on his court and he didn't hit it back, let it go, lose his number, there is another bus in 15 minutes :)

Cheers!

Sometimes, a good date is just a good date. Not a match for a relationship, but good company in the moment.

Focus forward, live your best life. This guy might pop up randomly for a date because the company was good. Even so, assume he has floated away and is unavailable.

btw, i never blocked after a date. i only blocked in extraordinary situations.

Sometimes, a good date is just a good date. Not a match for a relationship, but good company in the moment.

Focus forward, live your best life. This guy might pop up randomly for a date because the company was good. Even so, assume he has floated away and is unavailable.

btw, i never blocked after a date. i only blocked in extraordinary situations.

Thank you for that. What I think is maybe there's a chance he didn't see my messages, and maybe give it a try... or you think it's not a good idea....

He's not interested.

All of your messages are coming out creepy at this point, especially if you text him on his new profile. Sure it was rude for him to not respond to the "how's your day" message, but next time leave it to that. When someone isn't responding, they are not interested. You say that you think that if a man is not interested they block you; well that's not the standard. Try not sending too many messages to men who don't respond. Don't make excuses for them like "they may not have seen it" or anything, they know where to find you if they want another date.

It happens all the time. I've gone on great dates and then nothing. Don't obsess over one man, move on to the next.

Also think about it, was that really a good match? Could you really see yourself dating him? Usually when someone disappears after one date, it means the match wasn't good in the first place. Some people obsess over it as rejection is painful, but part of life.

He was normal looking but wasn't the super cute type but I could feel that he was really nice, so I thought ok this guy should not be too hard.

Haha! I understand this. But sometimes things aren't as they seem.

I'd just let it go. You've made yourself available. If he was interested, he would respond.

With the language from your post it almost seems as if you found yourself to be his superior and are dumbfounded that when you "dated down" the guy wasn't interested.

I am only saying this because you might not have even realized it. Just some subtle word uses and context made me think that.

Now he might have had a great time and enjoyed the date too. But if he picked up in any of those queues they are a huge turn off to any person with self respect.

I wasn't there so I have no clue what really went down but I wouldn't even bother responding to a woman if she had an air of superiority over me during a date, I don't care how attractive or well matched to me she is.

With the language from your post it almost seems as if you found yourself to be his superior and are dumbfounded that when you "dated down" the guy wasn't interested.

I am only saying this because you might not have even realized it. Just some subtle word uses and context made me think that.

Now he might have had a great time and enjoyed the date too. But if he picked up in any of those queues they are a huge turn off to any person with self respect.

I wasn't there so I have no clue what really went down but I wouldn't even bother responding to a woman if she had an air of superiority over me during a date, I don't care how attractive or well matched to me she is.

LOL I've had this happen before. I met someone and I was clearly out of his league, as far as looks, place in life, everything. Yet I was thinking yeah maybe I could do this anyway . . . but then he turned ME down. And he did it in such a condescending way too, like "you can't have someone as awesome as me but I'm sure you'll find SOMEONE" and it was just so funny to me, but it really did serve to bring me back down to earth.

Anyway, I agree that this guy that is the subject of this thread is definitely not interested. You would know if he was. He is not. Don't waste your time chasing after someone who doesn't want you, you have nothing invested here so just pick up and move on.

Thank you for that. What I think is maybe there's a chance he didn't see my messages, and maybe give it a try... or you think it's not a good idea....

No more initiative from you. Accept that sometimes others offer less than we require. Its ok to require what we want and its okay for others to choose not to behave as we wish they would. Accept and attend to your next candidate.

Archived