Girl I liked keeps bringing her guy friends with

monkeyguy80

So I like this girl at my work. We've gone out alone a few times. I wouldn't call them dates because we're not even dating. I met her about a month ago at work and I would say right now we're friends. She does hug me and come by me a lot at work, but we're not together.... So yesterday she said to meet her at the mall I thought it was just going to be me and her but when I get there she's with a guy friend of hers that I've never met before. I knew about him because she's talked about him and they've been friends for like 15 years... then today her car broke at work so I told her that she could use my car to run home and come back to pick me up later. So when I got off work she comes back with my car but she has a different guy friend in the car with her. This is someone else I've never met but she's been friends with a long time. Now I have no problem with her having guy friends because most of my friends are girls so I get that you can be friends with the other sex but it's just weird how she brings them without even telling me advance.

I keep wanting to talk to her about being my girlfriend and seeing if she has any feelings towards me more then friendship but then she keeps bringing these guys with her and I don't want to ask her to be my girlfriend unless I'm alone with her.... Do you think she's bringing these guys for some reason?

Welcome to the friend zone. She does this because she doesn't see you as a potential lover, only a friend, so she treats you accordingly.

If you want to escape, ask her out ALONE and state it as a DATE. These are important to address to make your intentions clear.

I would not ask her to be your girlfriend yet because you two haven't even established a romantic connection yet. Do it after some time of her reciprocating your feelings.

I'm not sure she has a romantic interest in you, OP. She invites you to the mall and is there with another guy friend. That to me sounds like she sees you as just another friend, too.

You wouldn't be in any place to ask her to be your girlfriend right now anyway, OP. You two haven't had an official date, so you'd be getting far too ahead of yourself asking her to be a couple.

If you want a date, ask her out. Make it clear that it's a date. See how she responds. If it's positive, set up a few more dates and see how things go. Then consider having a talk about being a couple.

It sounds like she thinks of you as her uncle's business partner and coworker. Maybe she's being friendly, but dating guys. It seems you have a crush on her and you are somehow "dating" her in your own mind.

04-10-2018: I own a business and the other owner's niece works there. I noticed she kind of leans away from me if I sit next to her.

Archived