Hoping I didn’t ruin my chances

Maddyb12

I actually don't think he did anything "wrong" either.

I just don't think he's all that interested.

If he were, he would have been more definitive about scheduling a date, instead of "maybe."

He wouldn't have waited 2.5 days since his "maybe" to reach out again, and then asked you mid-afternoon the day of his "maybe" if you were driving to see him.

When you asked to reschedule, he wouldn't have apathetically said "I will let you know" -- have you heard back from him yet re the day you proposed?

Not sure what your and everyone else's experience is with men who are interested, but in my world, this isn't it.

That is why I said I would next him; I don't do well with apathetic, evasive, disinterested men.

I agree with you, I’m used to dating guys who show more interest. I’ve kinda brushed it off because I do know him fairly well and I do know that he’s very inexperienced with relationships and dating and really only focuses on his work so I don’t think he really knows how to date etc. but I don’t necessarily wanna be on the other side of that.

I agree with you, I’m used to dating guys who show more interest. I’ve kinda brushed it off because I do know him fairly well and I do know that he’s very inexperienced with relationships and dating and really only focuses on his work so I don’t think he really knows how to date etc. but I don’t necessarily wanna be on the other side of that.

Then let this go.

I’d be careful about expecting a guy after one time meeting to show interest by texting. If he plans a date time and place that’s more than sufficient. If he doesn’t confirm tomecand place then consider it tentative only unless you two decidecwjen you’re going to confirm . Also I don’t think he doesn’t know how to date. If a person is interested in seeing you he will make a plan with you. He wouldn’t have a job if he didn’t know how to plan a date let alone a good job with rare exception - meaning I'm sure for his job he has to plan meetings and show up etc. . I only dated very busy men focused on work. I was very focused on work too. We made the time to get to know each other in person.

Just suggesting for the future. Also I’d minimize texting before a first or second date. Get to know him in person or maybe a phone call when you have time to chat.

I’d be careful about expecting a guy after one time meeting to show interest by texting. If he plans a date time and place that’s more than sufficient. If he doesn’t confirm tomecand place then consider it tentative only unless you two decidecwjen you’re going to confirm . Also I don’t think he doesn’t know how to date. If a person is interested in seeing you he will make a plan with you. He wouldn’t have a job if he didn’t know how to plan a date let alone a good job with rare exception - meaning I'm sure for his job he has to plan meetings and show up etc. . I only dated very busy men focused on work. I was very focused on work too. We made the time to get to know each other in person.

Just suggesting for the future. Also I’d minimize texting before a first or second date. Get to know him in person or maybe a phone call when you have time to chat.

We barely texted, and like I mentioned I actually have known him for years. when I say he’s busy the nature of his job is different from mine. He talked about how difficult jt was when he was purchasing his house because you kept having to reschedule because of work. Every time someone crashes into a power line etc they end up working sometimes up to 24 hours in one shift. So I do know he’s very busy, goes to bed at 8 pm wakes up at 4, we had one fun night together. I made plans to see my brother because he never confirmed if we really had plans. I don’t think it’s that unreasonable that I did that.

I thought you were complaining that he wasn't texting you enough that week. Sorry if I misunderstood. Yes he should have confirmed. A woman I met who moved to my city (but I knew of her in her former city through mutual friends, asked me over FB messenger to pick a day for our families to get together -I suggested this past Saturday. She read the message. She's been posting on Facebook since. She never responded. To me that is rude and if she wants to reschedule I'll let her know that very nicely. Obviously not dating but we clicked very well before and when we met months ago and, like you, I think it's rude to ask for a plan and not follow up.

I thought you were complaining that he wasn't texting you enough that week. Sorry if I misunderstood. Yes he should have confirmed. A woman I met who moved to my city (but I knew of her in her former city through mutual friends, asked me over FB messenger to pick a day for our families to get together -I suggested this past Saturday. She read the message. She's been posting on Facebook since. She never responded. To me that is rude and if she wants to reschedule I'll let her know that very nicely. Obviously not dating but we clicked very well before and when we met months ago and, like you, I think it's rude to ask for a plan and not follow up.

No I actually do not care about the texting in between, I just would like a confirmation a day or two in advance. I haven’t been dating much but when I do I try to avoid pointless texting in between dates, I’m fine with just a few texts. Yes I agree I think that’s rude too. I haven’t heard much from him just a little but no talks of rescheduling so I guess he just wasn’t all that interested.

Sure why not, what the hell, I would too!

Have fun and keep us posted! :D

Went really well! He offered to come out my way but I prefer going to him so I am kind of control when I wanted to leave etc. anyways I met him at his house and he had beer for me that he knows I drink and baked brownies (lol) then he got us an uber to a sushi restaurant and we went and played pool after at a country bar. I would say it was a really great date, was really natural. He posted a picture of me on his Snapchat which sounds lame but I don’t think there’s anyone else in the picture that he’s seeing. We made more plans and stuff m, I would say the only issues are the distance (45 mins) and his work schedule has him waking up at 4 and going to bed at 8 every night and mine is incredibly different so I’m not sure all those things will play out but t was definitely fun and will go out again!

Archived