My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now. It'll be a year July 5th. I love him so much and now I think I'm going to lose him. I plan on going to college in either IN or IL but he's going to college in Mass. I don't want us to separate but I don't want to stop him from acheiving his goals or cause him to be in debt after college. He'll have free tuition for all four years if he goes to school in Mass.

All I can do is cherish the time we have together now right? I don't know. I'll deal with it later.

Jaiva

Wanna know a random fact? My boyfriend's and mine 1 year is July 5th also.

Aside from that pointless fact, I feel for you. Going to college in two different places will be hard, and most likely you guys will end up taking a break for a while. And that's not always a bad thing. Take a look at what else is out there. Explore. I know it feels like you want to be with him forever, but think about it, if you guys get through this and still love each other in the end, it's meant to be.

But you're right, cherish the time you have with him. Did you talk to him about this yet and see how he's feeling about it? That might be a good idea.

JyNx

I know it is tough - have you talked to your boyfriend about this and whether you want to *try* and keep things going while you are apart? Now keep in mind chances are greater you might not make it together, but if you put the work into it (both of you) it is not impossible either...just remember you are both young and will change and grow a lot through college, and have a much greater exposure to different people and ideas, and you may find that the relationship you had is no longer what you want.

But yes, cherish the time you have with him now regardless...something we should always do even if we are NOT leaving as you never know what life will bring...

• 7 months later...

jaiva,

You are still together then? That's great! I hope everything is going well for the two of you. And if you any of these other issues is something you feel like talking about, don't be shy. We are here to help you.

Again glad things worked out. And though I missed the one year anniversay, here's a happy 17 month anniversary.

Well if I kinda look at all the threads I've started you'll notice that with college came many issues that we are still working on. Thank's for the happy anniversary. I guess things are better now than they have been for the past 2 months or so

Jaiva