7 years and it’s over!

Hurtwoman

Just over two weeks ago my partner broke up with me. I went through something traumatic before Christmas and I was coping well at all emotionally pretending to but was just trying to be strong. Two weeks ago after being out with my Mr (drinking all day) and first time I have drank like that forever. I had a mental breakdown and completely took it all out on him. Which is wrong ( I know) next day I apologiesd and received a message he doesn’t want to be with me it’s over wishes me and my daughter the best ( who he has been like a step dad to her). After his last message I left him and sent a message asking to meet which he agreed. We meet this weekend gone in a park and I felt I needed to apologise it wasn’t right had a break down and act psycho and hurt him that’s not me or my character. His messages to me wee cold but in person he was distant but not cold or rude. He was firm it his decision and said he stopped loving me that night. How do you stop loving someone on one day? It hurt and he said he is over it? And his feelings won’t change. I did cry it hurt. I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek and walked away. I cried and screamed when I was back in my car! I didn’t recognise him as a person that day and know what I did was wrong we have had two major fights in our 7 years! Now it’s over, realised it wasn’t true love which hurts! Finding it hard deleting pictures at the moment. Told my daughter and she was upset and wants to see him her words “ he was the Dad I never hard’ broke my heart. I’m okay when I first received his message I wasn’t eating, sleeping or concentrating and felt sick and misses him so much. A part of me will always love and care about him. It does hurt so much. He is truly a Scorpio to cold and cut throat! I hope this eases I don’t want to feel this pain or hurt every day. My daughter wants to see him and say bye. It’s all so hard and emotional right now 💔

Well, something here doesn't add up. What was the traumatic thing you went through before Christmas and what did he say to you that caused you to go off on him? I have a feeling that your answers might lie in that argument, and it might by that your boyfriend was just looking for a reason to leave the relationship regardless of what you said and did. You usually hear stories like this when the guy has a girl on the side. The woman is always blindsided by the guy's action. Some women are so loving they overlook or make excuses for their partner's lack of love or emotion. If you want to talk about what actually happened, the folks here may be able to give you better advice. But I think you should stop blaming yourself and blame him for the break up. He probably was looking for an out and used the argument to leave.

Sorry to hear this. Did you live together or were you engaged? It sounds like he was getting more disengaged for a while and more checked out than you were. This was just the final straw. Do not inflict your feelings on your daughter or use her as something to lean on /project on. Also don't use her as pawn to contact him. It's your job to be strong and explain things in a way a child understands. Where's her real father? Get help for the Christmas problem and drinking.

My daughter wants to see him and say bye.

Not using my daughter at all, and explained to her in a way for her to understand she asked to see him, I would prefer not to as I don’t want to contact him. I am getting help for the traumatic issue which I can’t discuss. I don’t have a drinking problem had too much that day at the first time out since the traumatic experience. It’s over I know it still hurts and I am finding it hard.

Archived