What does she mean?

unknonwlover

Hi everyone!

I asked my girlfriend today where she see us in 5 years and she said this:

Well I want to live with you and be with you and start a family but still have fun.

Without asking her can you guys please help me what she means with "but still have fun", am I overthinking?

Stop asking yourself and us and ask her to clarify what that means.

It could mean she wants to go out and party, bang other dudes, not be tied down, not be domestic, leave you at home taking care of the kids while she goes out all the time. Only she knows what it means so ask her.

I assume you are exclusive? Have you discussed being exclusive?

Lost

My guess would be that she wants to be in a committed (living together) relationship, but wants to have an active relationship. She doesn't want to be all settled down and in bed by 10pm every night. She wants you to keep dating her even though you're in a ltr.

My first thought is she wants to still have fun. What does she do for fun? To some, it means travel, play sports, see friends, go to bars, night clubs.

If you don't hide anything from each other, why didn't you just ask her what she meant by "fun"?

I agree. Sounds like she has some notion that married couples don't have fun or are "settled" down in a bad way.

My guess would be that she wants to be in a committed (living together) relationship, but wants to have an active relationship. She doesn't want to be all settled down and in bed by 10pm every night. She wants you to keep dating her even though you're in a ltr.

This was my thought as well or wants to still go on vacations or travel, instead of thinking of all the other negative meanings already thrown out there. Heck, those could very well be what she means, although no one here is telepathic. What do you know that she does for fun currently? It could provide a hint.

Archived