I broke up with a man I love because my mom gave me an ultimatum and I know she's right. She said told me take your stuff move out right now to his place but don't come crying to me when such and such happens. I thought about it seriously for a few hours. Than i told her I would break up with him but make it my decision so I read her the text before I sent it. So he doesnt blame her but reflects on the relationship. Theres a young 29 year old after him he's nearly 50. I'm sure he will play with her or marry her but I have to release him. Heartbroken.

That's good. Sorry you're upset but this is for the best. It really is.

Now you can focus on what's important...getting everything straight so you can move out (after careful planning and budgeting) and be reunited with your child. Won't that be great? Then, down the road, you can think about meeting a nice man.

That's good. Sorry you're upset but this is for the best. It really is.

Now you can focus on what's important...getting everything straight so you can move out (after careful planning and budgeting) and be reunited with your child. Won't that be great? Then, down the road, you can think about meeting a nice man.

I agree. How long have you been dating him and didn't he end things with you recently? I am not discounting your feelings but he hasn't been acting in a loving way, right -and you really haven't known him very long. I am glad you made this decision.

5 months. But we were very attached.

People can feel attached after five minutes. But the relevant issue is - how do you react to feeling attached to a new person in your life? How do you make choices with your head and heart as to how involved you will choose to get -you have a daughter and a lot going on so feeling attached is only one small part of the situation -the main part is your choice as to how to react to that feeling, your obligations as a person and parent as to how to react to those feelings.

5 months. But we were very attached.

Except he refused to drive to see you. YOU had to do all the travelling.

Look, you've probably vented to your mother (or she observed) and that's why she knows jumping around trying to keep this man who doesn't make effort is not good for you.

Archived