Saw him again after a year...is he possibly into me?

joyce

Almost exactly a year ago I was out with my friends at college and met this really cool guy. We talked and danced for most of the night and ended up kissing a few times. He was super cool and I was really into him, but I was leaving to study abroad in a week, so obviously it was just a one night thing and that was it.

When I got back from study abroad 6 months later and went back to my home college, I definitely still remembered him because it was such a good night, but seeing as it had been so long ago I felt like he wouldn’t remember who I was. I saw him every now and then at various places on campus last semester but always just quickly in passing. I was too scared to actually approach him.

Then last night I saw him out at a bar. I was super nervous but knew I would hate myself if I didn’t at least try to talk to him there. I couldn’t build up the courage and then my friend just grabbed him and pushed us together.

I asked him if he remembered me and he said yeah and said my name. We chatted for a while and he told me he had noticed me around campus. After talking for a bit he asked if I wanted to go dance and I said yeah. We danced for a bit, but I was relatively sober and too nervous to really try making any moves or anything. Eventually my friend came up to me and said she was ready to go. So I asked him if he had my number (he didn’t) so I gave it to him. His phone was kind of old and broken so I was having trouble spelling my last name, so he grabbed it from me and typed it in for me. I hadn’t told him my last name at all that night haha so he definitely knows who I am. I put in my number and then he told me to text myself so I’d have his too.

When we left I asked my friend if he had seemed into me and she said yeah but we both just looked super nervous with each other. I kind of hinted that I wanted to text him but she told me I definitely shouldn’t and should leave it to him. I just feel bad that I was so nervous and might have given off the impression that I wasn’t that into him. I feel like he’s into me, but I didn’t really give him enough to work off of so that he’d want to text me. I don’t even know what I would text him if I did though.

Do you agree that I should just leave it and wait for him to do something or hope that I see him out again (this is the first time I’ve seen him out all semester so I don’t know when that will be)? Given the fact that he remembers me and told me text myself his number do you think he might be interested? Or am I reading too much into all of this and he probably thinks I'm psycho for even approaching him after a year?

This sounds right out of a Romantic Comedy from the 80s or 90s.

Of course he likes you. Of course he remembers you. No doubt he enjoyed the night just as much as you did but was disappointed when you were going away. Now you are back and he has seen you around campus, but perhaps he was thinking the same, and is a little shy.

Maybe even, he is talking to his mate right now about it, looking at the number you put in his phone, wondering, should he message you?

Only time will tell.

This sounds right out of a Romantic Comedy from the 80s or 90s.

Of course he likes you. Of course he remembers you. No doubt he enjoyed the night just as much as you did but was disappointed when you were going away. Now you are back and he has seen you around campus, but perhaps he was thinking the same, and is a little shy.

Maybe even, he is talking to his mate right now about it, looking at the number you put in his phone, wondering, should he message you?

Only time will tell.

hahaha I guess it kind of does! I haven't heard from him today...is that a bad sign? I'm not used to meeting guys out so I don't know how soon I should expect a text from him if he's actually interested. I also am a bit thrown that he insisted on me texting myself so I'd have his number too because now I feel like if he was even slightly doubtful that I was into him he'd be equally justified in waiting for me to text him..I don't want to chase him though.

If you chase him anymore, you're not going to be certain that he's into you. Stop worrying that you came across as indifferent. The very fact you chased him makes him know you're interested in something.... what you are interested in at this point is uncertain. Do you even know what you want with him? Another one night stand or what?

Archived