Someone please shed some light on this....

Di_ya2009

Why are women seen as insecure, crazy or a b#tch when she calls her bf/husband out on his shady ways. It’s like men want to be in a serious relationship and have the right to look at other females in a sexual way, flirt and have their partner be okay with it. God forbid if the female reacts she is seen as insecure and crazy. What about him being respectful to her and their relationship and not do these things in the first place.

I know “just looking” is human nature…I mean in terms of when a man tries to make an impression on another woman or tries to get her attention.

Thank you

It's not that they are seen. It's ye olde a good offense is the best defense approach. Attacking you, your sanity, your perceptions seems to the cheating a hole as an effective way to deflect your attention from what he is doing or at the very least make you question yourself, your sanity, and that maybe you are seeing what isn't there. It doesn't just apply to men doing this to women either. Women who cheat are also very good at pulling this kind of a mind fck. Truly not a gender thing, just a cheater thing.

I won't say most, but, frankly, many are. Just as many men are. To be honest, vaguely recalling your more recent threads, I wouldn't necessarily say your situation is exactly the poster child for gaslighting or gender based double standards. However, I've seen plenty of posts where the unfaithful partner has tried to clearly and unjustifiably flip it on the other. Wouldn't consider it much of a double standard as much as it's an unfortunate tendency of many folks who have been embarrassingly caught out.

A real man just develops really strong peripheral vision, and knows to never turn his head to gawk. I have dated plenty, and never had a dude look at another woman in front of me. If they are calling you insecure and you accept it, they get to roll around in joy that you are enabling them and accepting their douchery. Next!

Archived