Once a cheater always a cheater?

ardecormiami

I'd never trust someone like that.

There are different reasons for cheating, and some who do, never do it again.

However a serial cheater is not likely to stop. That's a person who would fare better in non monogamous relationships.

Thank you all! Everyone seem to be clear that there is a flaw that won’t go away and he can’t be trusted.

Appreciate everyone’s input I never met anyone with a history like that so was wondering if my gut instinct is right.

I know it is not black and white. There are times when it’s not applicable at all.

But what do you all think or experienced? If someone was cheating on his ex wife a lot for years with many women, is he likely to just be that way? Can you trust that kind of person?

Yes, absolutely.

He has no moral compass and not enough compassion or maturity to end a relationship he doesn't want to be in. This type of person cannot and should not be trusted.

I unfortunately cheated on a previous partner (I was young, dumb and selfish). I vowed to myself that I would never ever do that again because I was too disgusted and disappointed in myself.

So it is possible for someone to change, if they really want to and point blank just do it - change.

In my last relationship, no matter how trying it got, I never cheated because I never want to feel that way again.

But unfortunately everyone does not make this decision, if you feel uncomfortable, do not go ahead with the relationship.

• 3 months later...
I know it is not black and white. There are times when it’s not applicable at all.

But what do you all think or experienced? If someone was cheating on his ex wife a lot for years with many women, is he likely to just be that way? Can you trust that kind of person?

Honestly that depends on whether he figured out why he couldnt be happy with the one he was in a relationship with. If he has figured out that looking somewhere is the answer. Know if he realized how irresponsible cheating was and how much ut hurt someone else. If he doesnt think he was wrong then chances are it will eventually happen again. He thinks it is his answer to problems.

Archived