Am I overthinking or is he really shy/social awkward

angeldavis

I think you'll be bored with him!!!

Anyway, I guess you can continue. At least he communicates in regards to your feelings.

That goodnight text thing irritates me though. It takes a second to type that.

But, everyone is different.

I guess I will give this a little bit more time. If we can not grow the relationship, I will back out. Thank you for everyone's input

I think you might be sending mixed messages here. You had sex with him the 4th time you met him, sounds like, but you claim to be "old school" and you don't want to initiate communication? You shared bodily fluids with him and he has been inside you so I think the "old school" ship has sailed.

He's been very direct and honest with you about what he chooses to offer you. Think about whether that works for you. It might, it might not. And that's ok. Sounds like with you, he is going to compartmentalize his work/time with his kids/time to date. My sense is he won't want to include you in his family life any time soon, and he won't want to include you in his social circle if he has one/has friends. One of my best friends was happy with an arrangement like that -they met on line originally, dated for 7 years, he had kids and a crazy job. They saw each other once or twice a week, she met his kids years into the relationship but never attended family events or gatherings and never met any of his friends from what I remember. Ironically they broke up because he wanted to get more serious/get married and she did not.

I think you might be sending mixed messages here. You had sex with him the 4th time you met him, sounds like, but you claim to be "old school" and you don't want to initiate communication? You shared bodily fluids with him and he has been inside you so I think the "old school" ship has sailed.

He's been very direct and honest with you about what he chooses to offer you. Think about whether that works for you. It might, it might not. And that's ok. Sounds like with you, he is going to compartmentalize his work/time with his kids/time to date. My sense is he won't want to include you in his family life any time soon, and he won't want to include you in his social circle if he has one/has friends. One of my best friends was happy with an arrangement like that -they met on line originally, dated for 7 years, he had kids and a crazy job. They saw each other once or twice a week, she met his kids years into the relationship but never attended family events or gatherings and never met any of his friends from what I remember. Ironically they broke up because he wanted to get more serious/get married and she did not.

I think you're right. I was confused because I have not been in any relationship that is behind the scene like that. However, I am not ready to let him meet my son either so I understand he won't be ready about me meeting his son. I just can't explain why he refused to meet with my best friend - He said he is shy and uncomfortable but I don't know if that is what he really said or if there is something else. But either case, I think I'll give this a little bit more time.

Archived