Texting first or not?

Mikaila

Hello All,

So saturday I went to a meetup I had never been before. We went to see a movie. Afterwards to grab something to eat and play pool and then I invited everyone to join my friends and I to a club.

In between playing pool and going to the club, I started talking with this guy, and he asked me a lot of questions and he told me a lot of things about himself as well, personal things that I would not say a complete stranger.

At the club, first I was sitting near others but after we danced as a group I sat next to him and again we talked a lot, then he asked if everyone wanted a drink and only me and a guy went with him at the bar. When I was about to order he said drinks were on him so he paid for my drink. And then we went back sitting and kept talking, and then a bit of more dancing the two of us and the other guy, and then back sitting and talking.

The club was at its last songs, so he said let's go dancing and the three of us went back dancing. At this club the last two songs are usually slow songs, so when the other guy went back to the bar, and the two of us were standing there by ourselves I took courage, I went near him and started dancing this slow song actually with him, putting my hands on his shoulders. I was shy so I did not look at him but he put his hands on my side and then going up on my back and then he held me tighter. When the song ended he said it was better fi we exchanged numbers, I told him this would be a good idea and I leaned in to give a kiss on the cheek, he move his head and actually gave me a peck on the lips, he opened his phone so I could give me mine and he called mine back. We danced the last song as well, but he did not embraced me so I made him a sign with my hands and we simply held hands during the song, this time I looked at him but he was not looking at me. We went back sitting for a few minutes and he was laughing said did not expect this evening from simply going to the movies, he was speaking to both me and the other guy.

When we left the club, we were back with the group and he did not say anything to me. He said a generic goodbye and took a taxi. It was over 2 am.

Yesterday he did not text at all but I can see that we were out late and yesterday I was very tired as well.

As you could guess from my long message, `i am not very experienced so when I do the first move I am never sure about the results or if I have misunderstood his interest.

If he doesnt' text me today, should I text him first? What if he asked for my number just to be polite?

Thanks,

Mikaila

Don't chase him. He has your number and knows how to reach you if he wants to take you out on an actual date.

Overall, take these kinds of things with a grain of salt. Just because you had a lovely time and there seemed to be a connection there, doesn't mean it will lead to more. It's a wait and see game.

Don't chase him. He has your number and knows how to reach you if he wants to take you out on an actual date.

Overall, take these kinds of things with a grain of salt. Just because you had a lovely time and there seemed to be a connection there, doesn't mean it will lead to more. It's a wait and see game.

Agree^. The man I'm dating now and I met at a singles event, we both felt an immediate click, talked throughout the night and he emailed me the next day asking me out, despite being so exhausted from the previous night.

Generally speaking though, whenever I've been out at a club, meet-up, or wherever, get chatting with a guy(s) and they ask for my number, if I choose to give it (I don't always), I put it out of my mind until they actually call/text. They often don't.

People (including myself) can get caught up in the moment, especially when drinking/dancing, but wake up the next morn feeling completely differently.

If he's interested, he'll contact you.

He wrote to me tonight. Said he was busy but asked after my week. He has plans tomorrow (and I have as well) and I am away on Thursday for a long weekend and he is on holiday next week. In his last text he said "Enjoy (place where I am going)"! So I said you as well and goodnight and he replied goodnight. I think I will wait for him to text me now. I mean, if he wants to make plans when we are both back I should wait for him to do this, right? I would not contact him during my holiday unless he writes to me, but I don't think he will.

Texted him today, told him my trip as at the end but I was full of energy for the week ahead. Asked him how us planning went and asked where he was going in the end. He replied after 20 minutes that he was happy that my trip went well, he was at the airport and confirmed where he was going (a place with amazing weather) for this time of the year. I replied that that sounded wonderful and that I looked forward to swap stories when he came back. He replied that he is looking forward to that as well and he will let me know how he gest on. I replied with a smiley face. OK, I am getting all of this with many grains of salt because I know how easy it is to say things by message. We'll see if he really gets in contact first these days but even that I know will not be proof enough until he comes back and we are in the real world.

Archived