Fantastic date, but cause for concern?

fmfan08

Honestly - just try to relax.

All this over-thinking is making what should be fun into an ordeal. If you just contact her if you feel like it - THAT shows confidence; thinking about how it will appear to her is not, and is crazy-making for you. Chances are that she doesn't perceive things the way you've intended them to be seen in the first place.

Playing dating games will be attractive to game-players, not people you can have an open, honest relationship with. Trying to be something you're not will ensure you end up with the wrong person. It sounds as though she's a lovely girl who's interested in being out and about, having fun - so treat it like that, rather than carefully calculating how long you should leave it between calls/replies to txts/whatever. You're planning dates, not delicate diplomatic missions!

Good luck!

True. I'd like to get in touch, but I don't want it turning into a full blown conversation. I mean, it won't really as we'll both take hours to reply but I worry that 5 days without contact might cause her to cancel last minute. I might send her a text on Wednesday saying "Hope you're having a great week, looking forward to Friday" but not sure. Maybe I should.. It's not demanding an answer and shows I'm still on for the date.

I don't like chit chatting over text. Anything I can say over text, I can say in person!

True. I'd like to get in touch, but I don't want it turning into a full blown conversation. I mean, it won't really as we'll both take hours to reply but I worry that 5 days without contact might cause her to cancel last minute. I might send her a text on Wednesday saying "Hope you're having a great week, looking forward to Friday" but not sure. Maybe I should.. It's not demanding an answer and shows I'm still on for the date.

I don't like chit chatting over text. Anything I can say over text, I can say in person!

Are you in the USA. Why not text her "Happy Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing you Friday." on Wednesday. And you can confirm the time if you need to for the date.

and confirm the day before. There are people here who say "he hasn't contacted me and its the day of our date. Should i worry? will he stand me up?" Text her the day or the evening before. It stinks to be sitting at work at 4 pm with friends asking you to do something and wondering...

We had the phone call on Sunday so she knows all the details, but I guess you mean confirming that it's still on. I plan to do that tomorrow afternoon saying "Hope you've had a great week, see you tomorrow x". It checks in with her, allows her to know it's still on and to the point. We're not stuck in conversation then.

I sent her the text at 4pm “You’ll never guess what I’ve been up to this week! See you tomorrow x” and it’s now nearly 11pm with no reply.

We both agreed on the day, time and place four days ago. Do I just turn up if no reply? I don’t want to ask if we’re still on because it looks like a lack of confidence. My gut is telling me to turn up because I should be confident she’ll turn up to see me and that if she is interested she’ll remember our arranged plan. She originally asked over text if Friday was better and I replied with a phone call and we arranged it then last Sunday

I sent her the text at 4pm “You’ll never guess what I’ve been up to this week! See you tomorrow x” and it’s now nearly 11pm with no reply.

We both agreed on the day, time and place four days ago. Do I just turn up if no reply?

Women generally don't like "guessing games" lol, but I get your message was your attempt to be light and fun, so it's okay.

If I were interested and looking forward to seeing you, I definitely would have responded to that, for sure, no question. May have even been a bit intrigued about what you were up to!

But given how you phrased it "see you tomorrow," technically there wasn't anything for her to respond to.

You made a statement - 'see you tomorrow,' so yes of course you show up and enjoy!

If SHE does not show, and sends no text, call or explanation, then it's next.

But try and think positive.

The date is tonight? Have fun and keep us posted!

Archived