Ex from 2 years ago (out of the blue)

Apparently my bro logged into my social media as I wasn’t logged out, he texted the man I love and loved very much from 3 years ago.

“Hey it’s Katy, long time no see!”

I was shocked to see the man I love respond. I was 100 percent sure either he’ll block me or no response. But to my surprised he replied later in the day:

“Hey Katy, yes it has been a long time.”

I was so happy to see a positive reply, however I do not know what to say in return as I see this as an opportunity and would rather leave it then to mess my chances. It has been two days since his response. If he asked how I am then I would be able to provide an answer.

What shall I do respond or leave it?

I honestly feel to myself if he still has feelings for me and want to give this a go he would message a bit more and wouldn’t just leave it to a simple mirroring reply. That’s why I’m being sensible in this manner and being cool about it to leave it up to him.

Do you want to talk to him? It's been two years. I guess if you have feelings you could try, but I don't see the point.

This would have been his opportunity to ask you how you are, what's new, etc.

I did this once to an ex after several years. I wrote " Hey! Blast from your past! Guess who." He replied quickly, asked a ton of questions, we met up, he wanted to date again. But I had no feelings anymore.

It's one of those polite but dismissive responses that deliberately aren't inviting further conversation or contact. Let lying dogs sleep and move on.

I agree , he didn't respond with a lead for you to them reply to him ..it was a closed answer .

However if you want to push for more , that's your choice , has he said more ? If no then you have to see the reality , he has the chance to reconnect and isn't taking it .

The thing is exes always come back. There is a revolution and all of the time people and places collide together after some time has passed, a considerable amount of time. You can take it or leave it, he didn't say anything that would make you think he is interested, he simply just reacted to a message he got from you, he didn't contact you on his own, but sometimes people need to be pushed in the right direction and that happened here and there is a reason for everything and you can't always count your chickens but this is a clear case of just POLITENESS. Take it or leave it, if you want it to turn to something else it can if you want it to. Do you still want to be in a relationship with him?

Apparently my bro logged into my social media as I wasn’t logged out, he texted the man I love and loved very much from 3 years ago.

“Hey it’s Katy, long time no see!”

I was shocked to see the man I love respond. I was 100 percent sure either he’ll block me or no response. But to my surprised he replied later in the day:

“Hey Katy, yes it has been a long time.”

I was so happy to see a positive reply, however I do not know what to say in return as I see this as an opportunity and would rather leave it then to mess my chances. It has been two days since his response. If he asked how I am then I would be able to provide an answer.

What shall I do respond or leave it?

I honestly feel to myself if he still has feelings for me and want to give this a go he would message a bit more and wouldn’t just leave it to a simple mirroring reply. That’s why I’m being sensible in this manner and being cool about it to leave it up to him.

I would really want to bean my brother in the head. I would say nothing or would own up and say "I was surprised to hear from you - then i realized my brother had logged into my account and did so. Sorry to bother you."

SInce the fake you did the initiating i am sure this guy doesn't really know what to say and i would not look at it as "contact". if he wanted to see you again, he would have contacted you.

If things ended in a painful, negative way last time, just remember that people don't really change that much and that there's a danger that you would have to go through the whole experience again.

On the other hand, if you feel like you've grown and you don't have a current relationship that would be impacted by testing the waters to see if there's still something there....I say go for it.

I know that sounds like Captain Obvious giving advice but if you can maintain your ability to stay centered emotionally as you approach this situation, keep your guard up (around your heart)and be clear on what you want/will/won't accept, I think the risk is acceptable.

if you can maintain your ability to stay centered emotionally as you approach this situation, keep your guard up (around your heart)and be clear on what you want/will/won't accept, I think the risk is acceptable.

^this. but it's a lot harder than it may seem. the mind is powerful and it's easy to fall back into fun memories and feelings and let them influence your outlook on the future.

is any part of you happy that he reached out to him?

I am very happy he has replied positively, although it was just a mirrored reply, it’s a reply that doesn’t show hard feelings. He could of blocked me, or replied harshly.

I’ve grown up more than he can imagine.

Unless he messages again that I’ll be able to feed off from, my mind, heart and soul are not able to take such a daring risk. It’s too much anticipation and not worth the risk of losing considering the break up ended negatively.

I also feel by not responding and allowing him to message, gives the impression I am mature and easy going about the situation. I feel I have a better chance by not replying. But a chance I do not give my hopes upon, this is how I’m able to be emotionally centred.

Why did your brother take it upon himself to message your ex from 2 years ago? Seems like an awfully random and potentially hurtful prank. Did you put him up to it? You say you still love this man, so my sense is that you were trying to think up a way to contact him, but indirectly in case he replied negatively or not at all.

I agree with LHGirl, he didn't message you out of the blue at all. You (or your brother) contacted him out of the blue. That is significantly different. He responded neutrally but didn't leave anything to reply to. You could try to keep the conversation going and see what happens, but I don't have the inital impression that he's interested in talking, really.

Archived