Would you date a vegan?

Krankor

heres what I do: Its easy for me to stay on track with vegan eating because I expose myself to the cruelty behind meat and dairy, and I read many articles about the damages it does to my body. This simply makes me turn away from these foods. Now, in social situations, I mold my diet to whomever I am around. Some people don't mind me ordering vegan, I often say I have dairy allergies and am grossed out by processed meat. Obviously the people closest to me know a little more about my dietary preferences but I never say VEGAN, because it often has a negative connotation and raises questions I hate answering. My advice to you is to be a little less restrictive on the "no oil" part. I know oil is bad, but on the occasion allow yourself to get a large order of french fries and other foods. Opt for fish options in the rarest occasions if you like fish. Don't be afraid to get off track because thinking about it will make you go off track... go with the flow, remember how gross that s*** is, and allow yourself some non-vegan indulgences when no low-key vegan options are available, but when ur eating out don't focus too much on fat and oil, it won't do harm on the occasion AND REMEMBER guys/girls don't need to know that you are vegan. Don't think about it too much. Put yourself out there to everyone and those who are unaccepting of a vegan diet don't need to know about yours. be smooth and low-key. Once two people are in love its a different story and you will slowly get more comfortable with each other.. don't stress it! its really no big deal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heres what I do: Its easy for me to stay on track with vegan eating because I expose myself to the cruelty behind meat and dairy, and I read many articles about the damages it does to my body. This simply makes me turn away from these foods. Now, in social situations, I mold my diet to whomever I am around. Some people don't mind me ordering vegan, I often say I have dairy allergies and am grossed out by processed meat. Obviously the people closest to me know a little more about my dietary preferences but I never say VEGAN, because it often has a negative connotation and raises questions I hate answering. My advice to you is to be a little less restrictive on the "no oil" part. I know oil is bad, but on the occasion allow yourself to get a large order of french fries and other foods. Opt for fish options in the rarest occasions if you like fish. Don't be afraid to get off track because thinking about it will make you go off track... go with the flow, remember how gross that s*** is, and allow yourself some non-vegan indulgences when no low-key vegan options are available, but when ur eating out don't focus too much on fat and oil, it won't do harm on the occasion AND REMEMBER guys/girls don't need to know that you are vegan. Don't think about it too much. Put yourself out there to everyone and those who are unaccepting of a vegan diet don't need to know about yours. be smooth and low-key. Once two people are in love its a different story and you will slowly get more comfortable with each other.. don't stress it! its really no big deal

Vegan or no I don't think it's appropriate especially in a new dating situation to share that you are "grossed out" by a food that might be on the table or the other person might be thinking of ordering. I was waiting at Starbucks the other day and the well dressed woman behind me went on and on about how the display sandwiches in the case were looking so old and she went into detail (probably true and no they are not served to people) - I don't need to hear about that in detail while I'm about to eat breakfast. I think in general no one should comment negatively on anyone else's food choices especially when you don't know them well.

lololololololol

my daughter is a vegan and you are right about it being hard to eat out , but it is not impossible and you need to check ahead to make sure there is a vegan option .

I can't imagine anyone actually put off on that alone .

I will tell you what is the turn off ....when they are ramming it down your throat ( every pun intended ) ...

Same as a meat eater waving half a cow on their fork at a vegan ...

It is only those that make such a fuss that find they run into problems .

Like atheists shoving their lack of belief down our throats - "thought you were intelligent"!

Of course I would. It should be much more about the person rather than their diet. Granted often lifestyle choices can shape relationships but if you're worried about social things such as going to restaurants (I'm not sure where you live) but many towns and cities have places that offer a vegan option, as i'm sure you know, it's much easier to be a vegan these days than say the early 1990s.

Archived