UTI or bad virus?

I've took two doses of trimethoprim in the past three months due to an Ecoli UTI but this has been the worst... I have been going to the bathroom sometimes every hour all day and the weird thing is, it seems to go in waves..I started the antibiotics five days ago and two days ago I felt alot better... But I'm back to feeling sensitive. I should mention there's no burning,just a pressure on my bladder.

The thing is, three days ago I began having back and hip pain. Before anyone suggests kidney pain, this definitely is not my kidneys.. I have had a bad left kidney for some time which twinges and spasms and the pain is not pleasant at all..but this hip and low back pain is near my tailbone. The pain sometimes radiates to my front part , like mild period pain but it has literally been on and off like a lightswitch... I have also had (TMI!) painful gas for the past four days but on and off ... It feels viral... But the bladder thing has gone on for a full week now ...

My doc reported back after my urine test and said normal... But I'd drank so much water that day... Can they still tell if I have any problems?

Go get a blood test!

Good grief, doctors are so damn incompetent sometimes.

This is not a "virus," I had same symptoms a few years back, almost identical, told myself it was a virus, didn't go to doctor, and nearly died, no joke.

I had eaten nearly an entire bag of salted pumpkin seeds in the shell two days prior (small bag lol), and a shell became lodged in my intestine and caused infection, that grew until it became life threatening.

Anyway, you may have an intestinal infection, something called diverticulitis, which is very serious, or another type of infection of the intestine/colon, do you feel pressure on your lower back and lower abdomen when you sit down and get up? Or when you press on it?

Are you running a fever and are you nauseous and vomitimg?

If so, or even if just running a fever, go to urgent care or ER immediately, I am serious.

Don't mess with this, as I said I ignored symptoms and ended up in hospital hooked to IV for nearly a week.

Doctors said if I had waited one more day, could have died.

It could also be symptoms of appendicitis. In fact, in high school my best friend was rushed to hospital, doctors said it was a kidney infection, sent her home with antibiotics and her appendix burst that same night!

Which resulted in something called peritonitis, another killer.

Good luck and hope you feel better!

I've took two doses of trimethoprim in the past three months due to an Ecoli UTI but this has been the worst... I have been going to the bathroom sometimes every hour all day and the weird thing is, it seems to go in waves..I started the antibiotics five days ago and two days ago I felt alot better... But I'm back to feeling sensitive. I should mention there's no burning,just a pressure on my bladder.

The thing is, three days ago I began having back and hip pain. Before anyone suggests kidney pain, this definitely is not my kidneys.. I have had a bad left kidney for some time which twinges and spasms and the pain is not pleasant at all..but this hip and low back pain is near my tailbone. The pain sometimes radiates to my front part , like mild period pain but it has literally been on and off like a lightswitch... I have also had (TMI!) painful gas for the past four days but on and off ... It feels viral... But the bladder thing has gone on for a full week now ...

My doc reported back after my urine test and said normal... But I'd drank so much water that day... Can they still tell if I have any problems?

From the symptoms you've described it sounds like you MAY be passing a kidney stone or, you have fibroid tumors or an ovary cyst. Go back to the doctor and ask for an ultra sound. Why they wouldn't order one for you is beyond me. I'd change doctors after you've gotten this all figured out.

Here are some of the symptoms what you go through if you are passing a stone:

[At that point, you may experience these signs and symptoms:

•Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs.

•Pain that radiates to the lower abdomen and groin.

•Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity.

•Pain on urination.

•Pink, red or brown urine.

•Cloudy or foul-smelling urine.

•Nausea and vomiting."

Hope this helps:

• 1 month later...

Archived