My Bf of 3 yrs stalks his ex

PHENOMENOL

Hello, I'm struggling. My boyfriend and I been together for 3year ..... My boyfriend just confessed that he was sexually attracted to his ex girlfriend that he supposed loved ........but when we closely completed one year together and he was half way in already finishing school in college, I found out she was in his same class for 2 hours.... after this I started to notice he would stalk her on social media and I asked him to stop but stop but continued to do it hidden.... also I notice he would try to catch her attention or would stare and try to not make it award when being around me....and after 3yrs. I found out he made a fake social media and sent a request......when I confronted him about it ... ....he said it was to show his friend over text because he had her block and didn't want to unblock her. but I truly think he is lying and if he was not lying , he shouldn't have done it anyways. knowing how awful I feel when he mentions or stalks her......... and now I'm here asking for advise.......and she broke up with him....... What do you guys think about this situation.... I feel like if I continue I will regret it. but I truly love him and I know he has love for me and shows it very well but does those thing and .....its confusing..... im already don't feel like having sex at times. but I do still love and care for this guy....but its very annoying

Why would you tolerate this behavior? He's emotionally cheating on you with his ex, essentially.

This guy needs help if he's actually stalking her. He may be doing more than just looking at her pics online, especially if its been going on for three years. It sounds like he's got an OCD issue possibly and probably "stalks" her online in order to tell himself that she's still available, which continues either a false hope of reconciliation or idea of having her as a backup if (or when) your relationship fails.

Why would you tolerate this behavior? He's emotionally cheating on you with his ex, essentially.

This guy needs help if he's actually stalking her. He may be doing more than just looking at her pics online, especially if its been going on for three years. It sounds like he's got an OCD issue possibly and probably "stalks" her online in order to tell himself that she's still available, which continues either a false hope of reconciliation or idea of having her as a backup if (or when) your relationship fails.

What do you exactly mean of OCD ?

I think its exactly right that he won't stop because there are no consequences for him continuing... it's wrong, but he knows you'll forgive him so he doesn't have enough motivation to stop. So he wants to have his cake and eat it, essentially by pursuing his ex unhealthily & also having you.

He has this 'itch' to scratch by checking up on his ex. If you put your foot down or leave then he'll be forced to make a choice to either respect you and fight for the relationship OR decide to let you go and face the fact that he can't let go of his ex and is not over it.

Archived