I know i'm being foolish

quark

..but I don't know how to proceed. So, I recently broke off my 6 1/2 year relationship (engaged as well). Long story short, we had problems that were never addressed, it became loveless and remained that way for several years. So, in reality, even though we just recently split, the relationship has been dead and over in my mind for quite some time. While I was still together with him I had developed a little bit of a crush on someone at work. I have been feeling attracted to this person since February of this year. As of late, I feel like our flirtation has intensified (though to be honest I'm not entirely he sure feels the same). At the very least, we've been spending time after work hours bullsh*ting a lot, then leaving together and walking to our cars, what have you. One night his car was closer and he offered to drive me to mine. (I declined because I'm a nervous spaz) There are plenty of other things that have happened that make me feel like he is making moves closer to me,.. maybe.

I guess I'm asking for someone to slap me in the face and tell me to slow it down. Or for someone to tell me it's okay and just see where it goes? I guess I'll keep reciprocating the flirtation but I don't think I'll be so bold as to ask to get together outside of work. I don't want to seem like I'm rebounding, or that I jump from one relationship to the next right away. Ugh. I just like being around him, though.

Personally, my concern isn't whether you're rebounding or not. It's that, after 6.5 years of being in a relationship, you seemingly can't be bothered to be single for a bit, which in all likelihood probably accounts for why you'd lovelessly remain with someone for years. Personally, I think you should prove to yourself you can be happy single before jumping back into the pool.

And to throw in with the above, workplace dating is known for its own propensity to complicate.

Thanks all for your input. It's funny..it's not like I necessarily want to shack up with this guy either. I just kinda want to hang out and get to know him. But at the same time if he were to date around I'd be upset but then I feel like, no, I'm not ready to be in another relationship right away. I don't know what the hell...hence the post.

I know it sounds ridiculous that I'd spend literally years with someone living unhappily most of the time, but something always came up to stop the inevitable break up whether it be an upcoming vacation..or a really good talk to have me hang on a bit longer .. or even a proposal. Yes..I do believe he did that to try to keep me, knowing that I wasn't necessarily happy. I'm the dodo that said yes, so whatever ..

Oh..and as far as the work situation. It's the restaurant industry, which literally has a reputation for being completely crazy and unprofessional. He is currently my boss, hah Besides.. I think he will most likely transfer to a different location anyway. Or shoot..maybe I will. I've just been given an opportunity to advance which might have me move, too..

Archived