awdj

Met a girl over the summer in June and we hooked up stayed in touch texting/calling all day everyday - her initiating mostly. Lots of sexting and affection. Went to visit her in a nearby city end of July. She lives 100 miles from me. She introduced me to her friends at their birthday we spent the night together at a hotel, had sex and overall it was a great time. She told me I could stay at her house if I come back. I am 34 and 10 years older than her, but that wasn't an issue for either of us.

After I left everything was great - same situation for about a week - she's initiating sexting at night usually, but I started noticing she wasn't texting as much during the day, which honestly I don't need all the texting so it was a relief.

called her as usual one Saturday and the call was just totally one sided. lasted like 5 mins, bc she was eating dinner and had to go - she said to text her, but I didn't and the texting pretty much ended at this point no initiating from her or anything.

Here's the tricky part:

At the same weekend my father was very sick and about to pass on within days and I am constantly getting updates on how bad he is and worried sick. I had told her and she was very supportive telling me to call her anytime and she offered to visit him with me, which I politely declined, but I appreciated the thought. She told me to call her when I was down there. He passed the following Monday and I went to visit family 700 miles away. I didn't hear anything from her. So I text her Weds and she responds quickly and I tell her he passed - she is busy with work, but tells me to call her if I need. To be honest I was too upset and anxious to call her. I didn't text her until a week later at which point she ignored me and I was so upset over my father I texted her back "thanks for abandoning me when my father died I hope I never hear from you again" I later apologized, but not sure she got it. I feel really bad about it. She blocked me from instagram (probably texts as well and I have not initiated any contact, bc I don't think it's prudent.

I'm moving on at this point, but I miss her a lot. Will she hate me for the rest of her life or was she just trying to fade during the week my father passed?

First off, sorry to hear about your father. Losing one's father is a hard one to come to terms with so I do wish you speed through your journey of grief.

As for this girl: I don't think she'll hate you but I do think she will be indifferent.

Look at this as a one night stand rather then a blossoming romance. I'm thinking she wasn't all that keen to continue on (regardless of whether or not you lashed out at her). It was just a hook up view it in that light and change the subject of her if she pops into your mind. Soon enough you'll also be indifferent.

I just think that dating by texting is a really bad idea. You're basically creating a fantasy in your head that may not exist in reality. It sounds her like the relationship ran its course. You consummated the romance. You can't really have a real relationship separated by 100 miles. Time to move on and find someone closer.

Archived