Ever run into your ex while the break up is still fresh?

I ran into my ex a few days ago at work unexpectedly. Unfortunately we work in the same hospital but I thank god we are on different floors. It was hard and very awkward to see her. I said hi and she replied back and that was all I could say to her.

The rest of my day was not as great. I felt like it made me take a step back. Just when my thoughts of her were getting less, I see her and my thoughts refocus on her again. It took a whole day to get over that.

I'm sure this is normal but I would like to know for sure from others how they have handled the situation. My running into her is inevitable because we work in the same hospital. I'm sure curious to hear what you guys think. Thanks

My stomach went into a knot when I read this post...

A couple of weeks ago I was walking down a street downtown and out of the blue saw my ex walking my way not alone but with another GIRL! We had only broken up a month prior so the whole visual just made me want to run and cry. And I did. I happened to be crossing the street to get to a store and lost all focus and composure. Literally locked myself into the bookstore washroom and just tried to calm myself. It was horrible to have to see that so soon after and weeks later I'm still wondering what lesson can be found in what I saw.

It'll sound perhaps childish but...my only consolation was that this girl was nothing to be desired. Short, plain, matted hair and not attractive. I probably shouldn't say that but that was the only humor I could find in the moment!

Weeks would pass where I felt strong and then out of the blue, I would fall apart at work if I smelled my ex's cologne, hear her name or a song that we both liked. I constantly felt I was taking one step forward and two back. So I started changing song lyrics to words that described what a rat she was. I went from crying to laughing. It got easier. Now, when I happen to hear the songs that once affected me so profoundly, I smile because of how far I have come. Good luck.

So I had to work today hoping that I did not have to run into my ex. I didn't know if she was on or off and I really hate surprises. Of course, co-workers have to be the ones who will tell you who they supposedly "ran into." I hate that so much. They already know that we are not together but why do they have to tell me that they ran into her today.

Anyway, half the day goes by and I figured to myself maybe I can actually have piece of mind and end this day gallantly without any run-ins with the ex. Come to find out, she had been calling up co-workers on my unit in the hospital we both work and asking who was working. Of course, her whole intention was to find out if I was working today.

I don't get it. She left me but she is still keeping tabs on me? I'm doing my part in no contact, why isnt she? Why does she insist on wondering what I am up to? I wanna be left alone and I had told her twice. I know she isnt really contacting me directly but she is using my coworkers to do so.

She had to transfer a patient to my unit today and I made sure I was not there when she did. I hate running away from my problems but I really did not want to see her after what happened the last time I did. I did not want to be set back again. Can somebody tell me why she insists on inquiring about me?

I am having kinda the same problem. Bumped into my ex twice in a week by accident. We split about 3 weeks ago, all her doing... the usual "i don't think we are right for each other, not you it's me crap" I have an idea what she really ment and said fair enough see ya later. We were together 6.5 years and in the process of buying our second home and a wedding date etched in for next May. Anyways when we bumped into each other she was all sweet like nothing had happened. I told her I didn't really want any contact unless there needed to be to sort financial stuff and the like out. We bumped into each other again and this time she eas real ratty and stormed off... starnge that was. Anyway i left it there but she has emailed me twice to see how i am, her ma, pa, and sis, text, mail and call me see how i am doing too. How can you move on when each contact drags your heart back into the old situation.

I think they all don't wanna let me go and my girl wants me to be there if things don't work out for her. I love her and when i'm low think how i want her back but when i have time to enjoy myself and a few days no contact i realise how lucky i am this happened at this point. She needs to change and maybe she will but i can grow now too.

It's just the contact from the past brings it all back!!!

Why did you and your girl split?

I think they all don't wanna let me go and my girl wants me to be there if things don't work out for her.

She broke up with me because I am Christian and she is Muslim. We are also from different races. Almost 6 weeks ago she broke the news that her parents had set up a suitor for her for possible "arranged marriage." We both live her in California but you would think, since being in the United States, that their ways would not be as strict, but I guess I was wrong. She made a decision to follow her parents and to give me up. I've accepted that and I am trying to move on, slowly, but surely.

Going back to what you have said Liasonred, it seems as if she wants me around just in case things go wrong for her. She wanted to friends right away and I told her that I need space to get over her. She's been good in not calling, emailing, texting and so on but when it comes to work, she has many opportunities to find out about me. I dont understand why she has to find out if i'm working or not or talk to coworkers her are common friends and ask them why I am not talking to her. Geez, I just need my space and no contact, which means indirectly too!!!

I guess I have to put up with it and let time numb me running into her.