Question on heights... I know it's stupid but I'm just a bit confused.

KaraBeth

Hi,

So what I've been wondering is, which is a really stupid question and I will probably go off on a tangent from it, I know, but am I tall enough to rest my head on my boyfriends shoulder? I'm really shy and can't bring myself to just do it because I keep thinking, what if I'm awkward, I'm not tall enough, and all of these random worries. To get to the point, I'm 5'9 and my boyfriend is 6'2 so I do have to kinda look up to him. If we are sitting down, can I rest my head on his shoulder? Is that a normal thing to do? Am I unnecessarily freaking out? I'm 17 years old almost 18 but I've never had a boyfriend before so I'm kinda clueless. We've been dating for five months now, haha to this day actually, but I'm still to shy to get close to him even though I really want to. He had put his shoulder around me once when my friend dared him to and instead of being normal I stiffened up and now I think I made him feel like I don't want to be close to him.... I went off on a tangent, sorry about that. So I guess my question is by five months where is a couple normally at? And am I an alright height to lay against him? Thanks for listening to my odd worries.

-Beth

After five months, that's fine. Some girls will do it on the first date like when going to the movies. You don't have to worry about height. I wouldn't necessarily do it while you're walking around because it's awkward, but sitting down, that's fine.

Of course, if your boyfriend is a little distant, it could trigger either him feeling closer to you or cause him to withdraw. Usually, it will draw him closer.

Well if you're sitting then height doesn't really matter. I will say though I had a bf when I was in high school and I was the same way with him because I was so shy. He ended up breaking up with me because he thought I wasn't interested. If you want to just go for it and maybe tell him how you're feeling? You will get more comfortable with time.

But yeah, I'm 5'4 and had boyfriends over 6 feet tall and I could rest my head on their shoulder when we were sitting. Like I said, when you're sitting height isn't really a factor.

Archived