cheating

rubyyher

So when me and my boyfriend starting dating he cheated on me and lied about it I find out and i've lost my trust in him he's shown that he is regretful and has bettered himself but I still don't trust him I don't know if i should break up with him or stay and see how it goes...

Cheating is a hard thing to recover from. At the very least he finally came out that he cheated, vs you finding the two together... How long have you guys been dating? I have seen marriages even recover from instances of cheating, but its never truthfully the same. The couples trust level is always altered.

Cheating is a hard thing to recover from. At the very least he finally came out that he cheated, vs you finding the two together... How long have you guys been dating? I have seen marriages even recover from instances of cheating, but its never truthfully the same. The couples trust level is always altered.

we've been dating for 10 months

I assume you guys were exclusive?

Either way though, you consider it cheating so it doesn't really matter.

Leave.

I forgave a cheater early on only to find out he did it again after two years and was probably doing it the whole time.

10 months is nothing.

but I still don't trust him I don't know if i should break up with him or stay and see how it goes...

Look at what's bolded above. The trust is shot. Do the former and break it off so as not to have him repeat the same incident again with you, because it's most certainly likely he will. People show you who they really are. Words don't mean much, actions do.

Trust is the base of any relationship. Cheating affects the trust in such deep ways that sometimes it can never be restored and if things work it has to do with lots of work and sometimes couple counseling. Without trust a relationship can never be healthy and satisfying. 10 months into the relationship I don't think it's worth it to invest in such an effort that can lead to nowhere. The truth is that the relationship has just began and he's already cheating. It's hard to recover from that.

Archived