Day After Ex Moved I received a Text

Hi

My boyfriend broke up with me two weeks ago and moved out yesterday.

I woke up to this message:

"I know this is awkward but I really miss you and I'm sorry for being mean or nasty or negative

to you you ...you always will mean something to me even if we never will be together again I just

cant stop crying but I konw things will be ok for both of us in the end"

Ive been lurking the forums and had planned to start a 60 day of No Contact.

What do you all think of this text? does it mean anything? Should I or shouldnt I respond?

Thank you!

He clearly regrets losing you. But consider this. The relationship ended for one reason or another. The problems are still there. Nothing has changed at this point and jumping back into it is going to put you right where you left off.

I recommend deep discussions about what went wrong. I don't recommend restarting the relationship quickly if you were treated with disrespect. If you were and you do get back together quickly, it tells him he can treat you the way he did and you'll forgive it.

No response needed, so I wouldn't. I recommend you go about the business of living your life and making it great so that when you run into him again, you have a lot of fascinating things to talk about and make him wonder how it is he ever let you go. Become the one who got away.

Don't respond. This is way too fresh and new for any normal conversation to come out of it.

Moving out is a big deal. Go NC for at least a week, and take care of yourself throughout. If he just moved out, you both are very early in the process of separating, and both need the time apart to uncover what you each are feeling about all of it. Give ample room here, because if you want reconciliation, he needs your absence in order to figure out your real value.

He clearly regrets losing you. But consider this. The relationship ended for one reason or another. The problems are still there. Nothing has changed at this point and jumping back into it is going to put you right where you left off.

I recommend deep discussions about what went wrong. I don't recommend restarting the relationship quickly if you were treated with disrespect. If you were and you do get back together quickly, it tells him he can treat you the way he did and you'll forgive it.

I fully agree with this. If he makes any effort into getting back together, don't jump right in. The problems that lead to the break up need to be solved and that takes time and effort. It's also necessary to access if he's just missing you or really wants to make an effort to make things work. However, I don't know your history, so I don't know what kind of problems you had and if they are solvable through conversation and cooperation.

wow!!

Thank you all so much for your support!

From everything Ive read, and know of him...im gonna go with him feeling guilty, and just misses me for now. its day one...so like you all said...its not enough to have any real change.

He texted me again 7 hours later saying he had accidentally packed one of my old clutch purses in his stuff...i gave no response..and he ended up telling me he was just gonna put it in my mailbox which he did.

I made it through day one with absolutely no contact with him : )

Thank you all folx!

I'm sure that he strategically packed that purse in his stuff. If he doesn't return the purse, just let it go too.....

Yep...he ended up just leaving it..I didnt respond...now on to day 2 of NC! haha so far it hasnt been as hard as I though

(Im saying that now...but who knows how it will be in a few days lol)

as of now I still have been crying off and on but Ive felt much stronger already.

Archived