Boyfriend of 1 year dont want to spend time with me or as a family

I didn't have a very good lawyer with 1st baby daddy I'm going to start looking for another one and find out how much it will cost and save as much money as I can.

Look into a paralegal. I used one when I got divorced and it was super inexpensive. And they can file papers for you and everything.

Make sure to get a custody order filed with the court for your older child. As for the younger one, look into your options as well. And get your drivers license!

My daddy number one don't pay child support because every thing is equal.He said he researched his rights for custody and he keeps saying I can't take my 3 month old with me if I leave he keeps telling me he will stay there with him he said he can call the police and have him brought back to him because I don't have a good place to stay right now.I have been saving money to get a place.

What do you mean "everything is equal?"

Your boyfriend is wrong. You call the women's shelter/abuse counseling hotline and tell them that you are living with your boyfriend. he won't let you drive or get a license and you are trapped with your 3 month old baby and he is threatening to call the police and take your baby if you try to leave the house other than for work which he drives you to. The women's shelter offered to find housing for me - not a cot in a big room with others but an actual small apartment with or without a roommate.

here is a local number you can call when you have a break at work.

What exactly should i say when I call?Do i tell them the whole story?

I would tell them you need advice on what to do. You are living with a boyfriend and two small children. He forbids you to drive or get a license and threatens that if you leave the house other than the job he drives you to, he is calling the police to take your baby away. Tell them you are afraid and don't know what to do.

Jessica, my heart goes out to you! You need to call the women's shelter ASAP, get family support, and do better for those kiddos!! Kids are a product of their environment, period. If they see you being abused, they will believe that is normal and repeat the behaviors!

I came here looking at a post on pressure in the spine and registered just to comment. I am now a single mom of 5 with MS, fibromyalgia, & 3 inoperable herniated discs...but I had to leave. I am a bit older(my kiddos are 16, 14, 5, 4, 3), but age doesn't matter, I didn't want my kids(daughters especially) to grow up thinking that abuse was acceptable and part of life because it shouldn't be!! I want better for them and I will live alone & struggle as I have to in order to ensure they have good lives! Both now and in the future!

Always remember that your choices today, good or bad, will affect their choices for the rest of their lives!

Btw-as for child support, that's a bunch of malarkey! Go to the attorney general even, you should be getting child support unless there are factors at play that we don't know about.

Even if the child spends an equal amount of time with each parent, child support is still typically awarded.

As for the abuse, it DOES matter and if you have documentation to support the abuse(police reports, hospital records, etc), you should be able to limit visitation if you chose to...BUT you also shouldn't be having anyone other than your spouse living with your children and that can be specified in a custody agreement and typically is.

Good luck!! (((Hugs to you and the babies)))

Archived