The trials of pregnancy, labor, and new motherhood

Wow, how do you get any work done at home when your baby is there with you?

Just over 6 months and I'm still breastfeeding. A couple weeks ago my milk supply slowed down finally and I haven't been waking up in the night with painful engorgement. However, now when I pump instead of having an abundance of milk, I have just barely enough. It's a new kind of stress to deal with. I just bought some Mother's Milk tea to see if it might help.

It's not easy, and sometimes I have to wait to work when my husband gets home. Totally worth it, though.

My son just turned one on Sunday and we're still BFing! Just FYI, pumping is not a good indicator of supply - some women simply don't respond well to pumping.

Right around 9 months my wife started to have issues with producing enough and then our daughter "broke up" with her. We tried everything to stop it but couldn't really do much to prevent this.

Reading these posts because our second one is due October 22. About to start the roller coaster again. Our daughter is 2.5 now.

I have a little PTSD from last time. I might just be a dad but my wife had bad preeclampsia and had to stay at the hospital awhile. Solo taking care of a 3 day old is rough. My wife hated breast feeding but did it until 9 months.

This next one will not be breastfed as long. Venting is also one of the things that made me feel a lot better. Also my wife and I would give each other breaks so the other could cry it out in the shower. It is a very hard process. Don't feel bad if it makes you feel like it is impossible. Just don't be so hard on yourself.

If you start getting too bad with it then I would advice talking with your doctor. My wife never realized she had PPD until a long time after she had been affected by it.

Archived