Open Club  ·  93 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Am I graduating on time?

DAmari

Hi, I know my topic has nothing to do with my relationships but I just need to know if I am graduating on time.

Some of the people around me are graduating at seventeen and I'm seventeen but I'm still in the 11th grade. It feels like I should have graduated this year because some people my age have.

I'm turning eighteen this year so that mean I will be graduating at the age eighteen, is that normal? Like did I get held back and I didn't know about it?

Absolutely, normal. For a lot of people it depends on when their birthday falls in the year. For instance my son's birthday is in the Fall. So when he started junior kindergarten he was three but soon to be four. But the kids that had their birthday in January or February or whenever they were already four and in the new year would be 5 and he was still 4. So when they graduated high school they were 18 and he was 17 .

Absolutely, normal. For a lot of people it depends on when their birthday falls in the year. For instance my son's birthday is in the Fall. So when he started junior kindergarten he was three but soon to be four. But the kids that had their birthday in January or February or whenever they were already four and in the new year would be 5 and he was still 4. So when they graduated high school they were 18 and he was 17 .

Thanks, I was scared for a moment.

Suppose it depends on the country whether they start you in Grade K at 4 or 5, but here in the US, unless you've got a summer birthday, you're most likely going to graduate at 18 years old. I have a mid-June birthday and graduated at 17, but I was definitely in the minority there.

In any case, you're doing fine.

Suppose it depends on the country whether they start you in Grade K at 4 or 5, but here in the US, unless you've got a summer birthday, you're most likely going to graduate at 18 years old. I have a mid-June birthday and graduated at 17, but I was definitely in the minority there.

In any case, you're doing fine.

Same!

J.man, when is your birthday?

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly. If your birthday is in the fall, some parents waited another year to start their kid in kindergarten and some put them in knowing they'd be the youngest. My brother graduated at 17 and turned 18 three weeks after he started college. Its no big deal. Some kids are just turning 19 when they graduate.

Fall birthday.. I would of been on of the youngest or one of the oldes depending on when I started.

My parents waited a year. so I graduated when I was 18 as one of the oldest in my class..

Most of us in the class i graudated in were 18 when we graduated. We had a small handful of 17 year olds and a handful of 19 year olds.

Whether you graduate at 17 or 18 really depends on your b-day and when your parents started you in school. There is no hard set rule on that. Overall, most graduate at 18, so you are totally 100% normal. Nothing to worry about or be ashamed of. You are falling into the grand overall majority graduation age in the country here.

Archived