Sillybillycat

Today it's one of those days when I really miss him, and I feel like I have no one to talk about it. I'm sure all of my friends have more important things to do... my two best friends are getting married, for example. No time for this nonsense.

I know we're not getting back together, and that he isn't good for me. I'm not even sure he's a good person anymore, to be honest. But I... I just miss him today. Our long talks on our way to my home, our dates, his family... and I feel like I lost nine years of my life on him. I'm turning 25 this year and I feel like my life is going nowhere, after believing that I was going to get engaged this year.

I've been hanging out with new friends, even dating, I'm working out, enjoying my job... but still I feel like something's missing.

I doubt that I'm ever seeing him or talking to him again, and I know that he's doing just fine without me even though I was a good girlfriend... that's how people like him function. But the thing is, some days I'm fine and some others, like today, it seems like I'm not over the whole situation. One would've think that after five months apart, and four months of NC things would've been different than they are now...

Talking about stuff like this is better if you do it with a perfect stranger. I'll talk to you. I just broke up with my husband in Oct of last year and I only just broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. things have been really rocky for me lately. I think it's normal to want to talk to your ex and to miss him, after all he was a friend as well as a boyfriend the loss of the relationship is hard. maybe your not over the while situation as you say but your on your way to being over it. give yourself as much time as you need. Oh and the whole I wanted to be engaged thing.... it happens quickly when you find the right person trust me. you just have to find the right person. did anyone ever answer the question what becomes of the broken hearted?

Talking about stuff like this is better if you do it with a perfect stranger. I'll talk to you. I just broke up with my husband in Oct of last year and I only just broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. things have been really rocky for me lately. I think it's normal to want to talk to your ex and to miss him, after all he was a friend as well as a boyfriend the loss of the relationship is hard. maybe your not over the while situation as you say but your on your way to being over it. give yourself as much time as you need. Oh and the whole I wanted to be engaged thing.... it happens quickly when you find the right person trust me. you just have to find the right person. did anyone ever answer the question what becomes of the broken hearted?

You're right about talking to a stranger. I think that's why I post here, to know I'm not the only one going through hard times.

He was my best friend, you know? There were issues, of course, and now I realize that I some times didn't see some things that he did. He isn't the best man out there, after all, even though I used to think he was. He cares too much about his public image, and it seems like I was just one more accessory... maybe not, who knows, I never really knew why all this happened, I had no "closure", this just came out of the blue for me. Not for him, apparently. So I've been trying to heal myself and figure this out on my own for five months, with nothing but suppositions.

And I know this might be so silly for some people, and that makes me feel stupid but I can't help it. I'm not always like this, some days I just don't care... Ii used to be fun and happy, I don't know what happened, and I don't know what to do. I sometimes really can't believe he's over me after all, that he doesn't give a damn. I just can't understand how he changed his mind so quickly.

But anyway, hey, thanks for talking to me. You can talk to me if you need to, as well. It really does help.

It's tough. I've been missing and thinking of my ex gf over the last couple of days and I'm. Not sure why. I've been doing really well and feel like I was finally moving on. I guess I just miss having her around. Guess it's just part of the process. And I've been doing really well. I just have to be positive. I'm definitely in a better place than I was several months ago. It'll get better.

It's tough. I've been missing and thinking of my ex gf over the last couple of days and I'm. Not sure why. I've been doing really well and feel like I was finally moving on. I guess I just miss having her around. Guess it's just part of the process. And I've been doing really well. I just have to be positive. I'm definitely in a better place than I was several months ago. It'll get better.

Well, you're right. I'm also better than I was months ago, and I've been doing fine. It's just as you said: I miss having him around, and I'm struggling with the fact that he doesn't, I really don't know how to explain it.

Thanks!

Don't feel bad about the time you're taking to heal. Each person takes their time, and with such a long relationship it's perfectly normal that there are days you still miss him. He was always present for a big chunk of your life. It's hard to detach and it takes time.

I've been watching the videos of this guy on youtube called Mehran Dadbeh (if you want you can type it on youtube and he has plenty of videos about break up) and it has helped me a lot recently. He makes great points about attachment and how to see things in a new perspective and is not one of those sketchy guys who wants to sell you miraculous products... he even says that there are no formulas to letting go, there's only understanding of the situation and perspective.

Good luck and I hope that in time you'll feel much better. Hang in there, and if you need to talk please do it. We're here for you.

Well, you're right. I'm also better than I was months ago, and I've been doing fine. It's just as you said: I miss having him around, and I'm struggling with the fact that he doesn't, I really don't know how to explain it.

Thanks!

I totally understand it... it's a feeling I know all to well. As I said hang in there and feel free to let it all out here.

I totally understand it... it's a feeling I know all to well. As I said hang in there and feel free to let it all out here.

Thanks a lot! I will look for his videos, anything that helps is more than welcome. I feel better than I did this morning, also.

Again, thank you so much for your encouragement words

Yea just stay strong and sometimes you have minor set backs like missing your ex. I was just missimg my ex earlier and just feeling bad about not saying anything to her after I restarted nc, its been 16 days of nc and I just don't wanna start over again. Its hard.. Especially when they were the main person you talked to everyday

Yea just stay strong and sometimes you have minor set backs like missing your ex. I was just missimg my ex earlier and just feeling bad about not saying anything to her after I restarted nc, its been 16 days of nc and I just don't wanna start over again. Its hard.. Especially when they were the main person you talked to everyday

That's right, he was the main person I talked to. It hasn't been like that since October-November, that's funny.

Just stay strong you can get through this, it really hurts though losing your bestfriend and the love of your life. Having to do no contact because whenever try to contact you don't get the same feeling of love when they respond or they won't respond at all.. It makes you feel worthless thinking things like "did they really love me" it sucks but.. Theres nothing you can do accept stick to the healing process, we hate it has to be this way but we have no choice

Just stay strong you can get through this, it really hurts though losing your bestfriend and the love of your life. Having to do no contact because whenever try to contact you don't get the same feeling of love when they respond or they won't respond at all.. It makes you feel worthless thinking things like "did they really love me" it sucks but.. Theres nothing you can do accept stick to the healing process, we hate it has to be this way but we have no choice

I know up to now I don't really know what actually happened. I repeat in my head everything he said prior, during and after the break up. Some things are opposites, so I don't know what's the truth. But I've came to the conclusion that I'll have to learn to live with that, since he's not talking to me, and at this point I don't think it would be a good idea to try to contact him again.

But yeah, it hurts to lose the one you thought was the one.

Stay strong, the hurting won't last forever.

I know how you feel, she was pretty much the same way too but everytime i told her how things could be better, she just kept looking for other reasons why we couldn't be together. Idk what the truth is anymore but i think it has something to do with the guy she is with now. Basically after the breakup she started getting interested in him and losing interest in me up until the point she went on date with him i backed away after that though.. So like you, i decided to learn to live with not being her oh so special someone.. Its best if we don't contact them and move on because im pretty sure they're not focused on us like we are on them.. I kno shes not at least but just stay strong i will stay strong and stay positive too good luck to you

Archived