Pros and Cons list of on-off again relationship of 6 years

emie1987

You've probably made this list before, no? It depends on if you want to keep cycling through this another 5 yrs or more until you are middle aged or older. Clearly you are sticking around out of familiarity and hoping for change. But this type of thing cycles and each cycle brings it down a notch, but since you are conditioned to this you don't notice.

Keyword conditioned, in other words brainwashed? You're compromising your integrity and principles young lady don't waste your precious years on him. Everybody has good and bad, it's all in what you can tolerate in comparison to the good. Find someone that you can look up to and be proud of and admire.

Just an update. I have broke up with him, however, we remain friends since we scheduled a vacation in a few weeks and so that he can refinance the car. It's likely that he won't refinance until after that, but I decided I won't have any communication with him when we get back so he can figure it out and just let me know. Also, he has been looking for apartments, I've taken myself out of the situation mostly completely with the exception of vacation plans. I'm sure I'll have an update in a few weeks after the vacation. Thanks again everyone!

Just an update, after trying to be cordial for the upcoming vacation, we got into yet another explosive fight...his denial of the breakup. I was able to give him flight credit so that we could move on. I thought we would be able to have fun on this trip, but his denial and constant trying to tell me " I am in love with him" the drama drama drama let me know this vacation would be nothing short of more drama. I can now officially wipe my hands clean and block him of all communication with the exception of him refinancing the car that I consigned for. One step closer to complete disengagement.

So you could be stuck with the payments if he defaults?

I hope he isn't mad enough at you to deliberately default.

But you made the right decision regarding the vacation. Good job.

Thank you! That is correct, if he wanted to be vindictive, he could. However, I could afford the payments if he did default and they would notify me since I had to be the primary on the loan. I've thought of ways to get out of it, but, legally I have no recourse. I just have to hope and pray that he doesn't. If he does though, I will pay, or try to get a lawyer. I've learned so many lessons with this one...

Well, if he does default, make sure to have the car repossessed, refinance the car and remove his name from the title. That way he can't disappear with the car and stick you with the payments.

Yep, an expensive lesson, but it doesn't sound like it will bankrupt you.

Well, if he does default, make sure to have the car repossessed, refinance the car and remove his name from the title. That way he can't disappear with the car and stick you with the payments.

Yep, an expensive lesson, but it doesn't sound like it will bankrupt you.

That's very good advice. I didn't think I could even take those measures! I will remember that, thank you so much!

Archived