I long to hear from my mate several times a day

SunshineLove82

You did say 24/7 ^^^^

3 calls a day is overkill. One a day is fine.

No I stated that "he claimed" that must women need to hear that their man is thinking of them 24/7. Its not way that I could even expect to hear from him 24/7 if that is even realistic because that is just not reasonable regardless with me busy work schedule etc every single day.

What if he recorded a few messages for you? His talking about his day, his life, etc., perhaps his reading a poem or essay for you - nothing so involved as narrating the complete works of Winston Churchill, or anything, but something to tide you over when the interwebs are being wonky?

I realize that it's not the same as a two-way conversation, but better than nothing?

What if he recorded a few messages for you? His talking about his day, his life, etc., perhaps his reading a poem or essay for you - nothing so involved as narrating the complete works of Winston Churchill, or anything, but something to tide you over when the interwebs are being wonky?

I realize that it's not the same as a two-way conversation, but better than nothing?

I fully agree and love that idea.

I hope it works well, Sunshine - I appreciate it is no substitute for the real thing, but I bet you two can make it playful and romantic - no reason you can't do the same thing for him, after all. I'm sure he'd love to have your voice to listen to on demand, too.

You say you want to hear from him several times a day...but you DO hear from him several times a day!

You want a call in the morning AND a call in the evening? Every day?

Just trying to clarify.

Yes I do hear from him but not as often as I would like too. He may call in the morning once or the evening once and I see his face thru Skype and that's it. I love ❤️ hearing his voice so when it's sparingly as in once a day when in the beginning he would call more it bothers me a tid bit.

I hope it works well, Sunshine - I appreciate it is no substitute for the real thing, but I bet you two can make it playful and romantic - no reason you can't do the same thing for him, after all. I'm sure he'd love to have your voice to listen to on demand, too.

Thank you so much for your advice and positive wisdom as hope, prayer, & faith is all that I have.

This many problems this early in isn't good.

Differences in communication styles matters - especially in a LDR.

plus you haven't even met.

You sound entirely too needy for a LDR.

I wouldn't say that we have too many problems this early on just a misunderstanding which happens and can be resolved. It does not matter if we have met or not as I'm not going to rush that as that's why communication is very important to me to learn as much as I can about him day by day. Needy or not that's not a sin as I long to hear my sweetheart voice quite often just because

If it's only been one month and already there's inconsistency then that's a red flag. The initial stages are when you're getting to know one another and consistency is to be expected. One person can't be showing more interest than the other.

He's working hard to get all the money for the tickets. I really shouldn't be complaining b/c he works really hard but when you like someone it's kinda hard to always have patience. I do agree with you on the consistency fully.

Ask about a set time, but don't extent the frequency and duration of the calls. Be creative with texts and pictures yourself. Not pic-text bombing but share a few everyday selfies and other pic with captions. Post on social meia more if that's something you also share.

he will call every day but briefly and just randomly which is okay but never consistent
Hi, hi, Sunshine.

Can you clarify what you are concerned about regarding consistency, or elaborate in general on the matter?

Cheers!

Hey there I was more concerned with it being more like I would be hearing from him thru out the day like morning evening and night consistently since we are so far away from each other right now and can't really spend that time in person getting to know each other. So for right now a phone call is essential so that I can learn more about him.

Ask about a set time, but don't extent the frequency and duration of the calls. Be creative with texts and pictures yourself. Not pic-text bombing but share a few everyday selfies and other pic with captions. Post on social meia more if that's something you also share.

I like that as we are going to talk shortly about how we can improve whatever things to keep each other happy as we are long distance right now. I fully agree with you. Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, the fact that you say you "long" to hear his voice (using that term repeatedly) is just plain creepy when you've only been talking to him for a month and have never met him. It's gross really.

When I first met my husband, we were in an LDR. We had met face to face initially and had mutual friends. We loved talking on the phone and had many great conversations. We rarely, if ever (I don't particularly remember because texts are so insignificant.) texted. We talked on the phone often, though not everyday. This man is now my husband and the father of my child. We are in love. We made it. And yet, when we were LDR, we did not speak on the phone every day. I was in college and he was running a business. We talked as often as we could, and we made each conversation count. But, we didn't talk every day, initially. Once I moved to only 40 minutes away from him (which was an inevitability before we started dating) we started talking every day.

Chill out! He is actively communicating with you because he likes you. If you keep pushing for too much, too soon; he won't like you anymore.

Archived