Good first time Valentines Day gift for a boyfriend?!

Loralora

Hi everyone!

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3months and a half and this is our first Valentines Day together.

We won't be able to go out that day(on the 14th) because we are both busy. He has to work and I have to study for a very near exam. But we will be going out a day or two after to celebrate it.

I have no idea what to get him. I don't have too much money to spent on a gift so I have no idea what would be a good first valentines day gift?

He's not a very romantic type so I don't even know if he'll get me anything...

Also I wasn't sure what to do so I told him we can go to the movies and have drinks after? Is that a bad idea for a Valentines Day date?

Maybe dinner is better?

Thanks for your help

Fun question lol. Since you guys have only been dating for 3 months I wouldn't do anything crazy like getting a picture of you guys framed or scrap booking bla bla. I think going out to eat is perfect actually. Try some new food! Last year my boyfriend took me to get a massage. You could go on Groupon and check out some discounted couples massages and see if it's within your price range. Massages feel great! Food is great too! Have fun girl!

Fun question lol. Since you guys have only been dating for 3 months I wouldn't do anything crazy like getting a picture of you guys framed or scrap booking bla bla. I think going out to eat is perfect actually. Try some new food! Last year my boyfriend took me to get a massage. You could go on Groupon and check out some discounted couples massages and see if it's within your price range. Massages feel great! Food is great too! Have fun girl!

Thanks no gift..no I don't plan to go all out, a card for sure...but I can't think of any gift..

As for a physical gift, I don't think it's necessary. If you must however, get him something small. Do you know his favorite candy? I would get a nice baggie of candies he likes. I'm not sure what the standard of spending is for you 2. I personally would be content with just a date but hey, if you want get some candies or whatever else it is that he likes that's small.

Be honest with yourself. If you're expecting or would like a gift from him, even if flowers, then get him an actual gift, too. Not a card. Bring a 6 pack of decent beer or show up with a pizza. Easy as pie and actually useful. Speaking of pie, you could bake him one if you don't suck at it.

I would like a gift but flowers would be fine too..I doubt he'll get me anything he isn't romantic...what if I get him something and he doesn't get me anything haha that will be very ackward..

I was thinking a card and then an actual gift. (But i have no idea what).

We live in a small country in Europe where we both live with our parents untill marriage so I can't cook or bake for him eventhough I WOULD LOVE TOO I'm sure he would be impressed. Yes I can bake a pie..and know some very good traditional tasty food..

We can't go at his place or mine because his parents are there.

Why can't you bake for him? You don't have to go to his house to hand him a pie. And since you'd like a gift, it's simply courteous to get him one. Three months isn't a long time, but should be long enough for you to know a favorite snack, candy, or beer. Worst case, you could just hand write him a coupon for a free dinner and pay the next time you go out. Try not to think too much. Men are pretty simple when it comes to this stuff. If he likes putting it in his belly, it's a good gift.

Be honest with yourself. If you're expecting or would like a gift from him, even if flowers, then get him an actual gift, too. Not a card. Bring a 6 pack of decent beer or show up with a pizza. Easy as pie and actually useful. Speaking of pie, you could bake him one if you don't suck at it.

Agreed. Don't get just a card. Sounds pretty lame. Cards are only fun when they're from your grandma and money comes spilling out. 😅

I mean you could write a heartfelt letter... but 3 months into the relationship? Eh... that's too much.

Haha you guys are funny..I like to take it seriously since I would like for him to take it seriously also..

I will bake him some small cakes(like cupcakes) not a pie it's easier to give them to him, a card and I don't know about a gift...nobody is answering about what types of gifts you men like for Valentines Day...

The card can be funny but not the gift haha

I will bake him some small cakes(like cupcakes) not a pie it's easier to give them to him, a card and I don't know about a gift...nobody is answering about what types of gifts you men like for Valentines Day...

Because I don't think there is a generic gift everyone likes. It is about finding one thing (based on knowing them) that you know *they* would appreciate. I'm not good at gifts either - but I know that's what you're supposed to do lol.

Haha you guys are funny..I like to take it seriously since I would like for him to take it seriously also..

The card can be funny but not the gift haha

That will be nice.

Dude I gave you like 5 suggestions. The cupcakes are a gift, and sound like a great one at that. Anything that makes a guy's life easier or more comfortable is a good gift, including and especially food.

Looks like you figured it all out. Have a fun V Day and let us know how it goes.

Because I don't think there is a generic gift everyone likes. It is about finding one thing (based on knowing them) that you know *they* would appreciate. I'm not good at gifts either - but I know that's what you're supposed to do lol.

I agree...I'll think about it a bit more, I got a good idea here, thanks!

Also if he pays for the whole evening maybe I should consider that a gift?

But he usually always pays when we go out since he has a high salary and works. I am currently not working just studying since I have very few exams left. I pay sometimes with some saved money I had saved when I worked.

Archived