Recent break up...I'm a mess and confused

the559xx

So I'm 21, and my ex was 21 too. We started dating in august and we had such a good relationship. Everyone told us how cute we were etc. I was his first girlfriend since his sophomore year in high school. He lived an hour away but stayed with roommates in my city. I met his family, his friend, everyone important to him. They all liked me. His friends would always say how they've never seen him this way with a girl before. They said he always talked about me. He was such a good boyfriend. He did everything for me and I did everything for him. We were so happy. The ink problem we had was we fought occasionally and he didn't like that. But he would always give up. I broke up with him Tuesday over something so dumb and I thought we were still together bevause we always made up. I never thought he wouldn't take me back a day later...he said he wants to be single because we fight. For 6 days I tried to reason with him...I don't know how he can give up so easily when we had a great relationship. He says he still likes me but he likes being single. Last night he said he doesn't miss me, to move on, he doesn't care what I do. My plan is to give him space since I've been bothering him for 6 days. He only replied back with short answers. I want to give him a month or so being single, I'm just in so much pain. I don't go from guy to guy, so I invested a lot into our relationship. We spent every day together and like every night together. I don't get how he doesn't miss me. It's so hard to move on bevause everything reminds me on him. I feel like he was ripped out of my life bevause our relationship wasn't bad at all!! I'm so confused and hurt. Will he eventually come back to me?also last night I blocked him on social media. All his friends and family still follow me though. I saw he was following new girls, liking their pictures etc. it just hurts.

Unfortunately the after 6 mos of dating and you chronically breaking up, he simply let go of all the drama. You are over-invested, over-attached and making him the center of your life is clingy and suffocating. Get busy with your own work, school, activities, interests, friends, etc.

Why were you always breaking up and fighting? Leave him be. Go no contact and delete and block him and all his people. It doesn't matter if "people say we're cute together" what matters is he's had it with fighting and breakup drama.

We started dating in august. we fought occasionally and he didn't like that. I broke up with him Tuesday over something so dumb and I thought we were still together bevause we always made up...he said he wants to be single because we fight. Last night he said he doesn't miss me, to move on, he doesn't care what I do.

It's one thing to fight, and another thing for those fights to end in a breakup. If this was a common issue, I suspect he just got tired of the drama. You may have felt this relationship was a good one, but he seems to feel differently.

Don't contact him. If he misses you, he'll contact you.

If you haven't heard from him for 30 days, you may want to consider unfollowing or unfriending his friends & family, or staying away from social media for a while as you work on healing.

I'm sorry you are going through this. It's so hard to lose someone you love. But healing is possible, and in time you will process your strong emotions.

I wish you hope, healing, understanding and growth as you endure this difficult experience.

Archived