Call me old fashioned, but I take time and relationships seriously

Keeping Sane

Thanks for the insight. It seems pretty unfair to the other person though. Guess, it's my fault for not realizing it sooner. /

I wouldn't look at it as 'fault' and beat yourself up over it. As long as you learned something that can help you in the future. By all means pick this over looking for lessons. But it shouldn't be a fault finding mission.

Honey, he wasted your time but you're still young, don't waste any more time on his confused behind. You seem like such a sweet young lady. I know it hurts but your best bet would be to move on. He clearly does not respect your time and efforts and seems too much into himself anyway. Move on and before your next relationship learn a thing or two about proper boundary building so that you don't give too much of your emotions too soon

Honey, he wasted your time but you're still young, don't waste any more time on his confused behind. You seem like such a sweet young lady. I know it hurts but your best bet would be to move on. He clearly does not respect your time and efforts and seems too much into himself anyway. Move on and before your next relationship learn a thing or two about proper boundary building so that you don't give too much of your emotions too soon

Thanks CrystalBNY. Actually thank you everyone. All these inputs have helped me clarify and learn a few things. It's been a week without any contact (sort of, besides that off text on how he's doing,) but I have backed off - completely.

I've separated our photos in different folders from my phone, removed our picture that was on my bedroom wall, and stopped checking my phone during work hours to see if he has contacted me. It was very difficult, but it was what I had to do to move on. All that's left is his number - which will go sometime soon.

Lately, I've gone shopping, mountain biking/running (despite the California rain), going out with friends, and privately blogging at home.To which all has helped ease my mind off of things.

Honestly, all your advices and opinions have made me cry while reading them! Not in a bad way, but it's very good to let them out.

It's strange, this does sound extremely similar to my recent post! And it's almost painful reading this because it sounds similar to where mine may be headed, except I couldn't see it myself.

Now .. I personally think that if someone is hesitant to enter into a relationship, then it gives red flags to other deep rooted issues.

There's no point allowing someone to continue giving you false hope. Because that gives them the control. I agree that it's a good idea to distance yourself from this guy, otherwise it will continue to mess with you psychologically.

(And I'm also taking my own advice!).

It's strange, this does sound extremely similar to my recent post! And it's almost painful reading this because it sounds similar to where mine may be headed, except I couldn't see it myself.

Now .. I personally think that if someone is hesitant to enter into a relationship, then it gives red flags to other deep rooted issues.

There's no point allowing someone to continue giving you false hope. Because that gives them the control. I agree that it's a good idea to distance yourself from this guy, otherwise it will continue to mess with you psychologically.

(And I'm also taking my own advice!).

Thanks BumbleBee10! Yes, please so not make the same mistake I did. I really wouldn't want anyone to go through the same. I haven't contacted him til now, so it calls to show, where he wants things to stand. Good luck

Archived