Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

force

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's hilarious is a few hundred bucks is "killer money."

Made a few thousand last week alone with a winning stock trade. No ****ing over of my friends necessary.

You'll win big, I'm sure. You can get anything you want off the dollar menu.

HaHa. J.man just a few thousand?? I've made lets see...$37,000 from Textron stock alone when I bought it at it's low in March 2009. Yeah that's just one of my stocks. That's not counting the loans where I have made other thousands. You started it my man... and I'm a female too.

What you should be sure of is I know how to make money and I do collect. She knew the terms and signed it. Now go out and enjoy your measly couple thousand. You can at least have a little bit of fun with that! Like I said YOU STARTED the flame war, NOT ME. Keep it up... if the moderators will allow...

If you believe you are doing so well in the market, then why are you dealing with this measly interest?

I think that you know that you are going to lose a friend. You did not handle this in an upfront manner. I hope that you do not consider her a close friend?

This is a character issue on your part.

What you should be sure of is I know how to make money and I do collect. She knew the terms and signed it. Now go out and enjoy your measly couple thousand. You can at least have a little bit of fun with that! Like I said YOU STARTED the flame war, NOT ME. Keep it up... if the moderators will allow...
People with money don't take on their friends' baby loans. There's no flame war. You're just full of ****. On a forum asking whether $40 is worth your friendship. I'm sure money is no object for you lol

I have all different ways of making money Hollyj. Loans, stock, career, etc. Eggs all in different baskets. Kind of like a mutual fund in a way. She is a friend ,but not a really close friend. I was worried that disclosing that I took over her loan WOULD affect our friendship, you know the saying "don't loan friends money." Maybe I should be honest and just say hey I took over the loan. My gut at the time said to make her keep thinking my guy friend still had the loan.

You are very angry J.man. Why is that?? I take on a lot of different ways of making money like I stated to Hollyj. Banks take on small and large loans as well and what they would consider "baby loans" as well. I suggest you be more respectful in your posts and stop the ****cussing. A man should be in control of his emotional center at all times. Like I said she knew the terms and was more than okay with them. She could have gotten a loan from 10 other places if she wanted to but she chose me. Money is no problem for me and if I gave a pass to all my friends who have borrowed money like you I would eventually lose respect.

Let me clarify - very close friend meaning:

- they are the type of friend that would be in my wedding party

- they NEED the money, and conversely I do not (so if they don't pay me back, it's ok)

- and the loan amount is manageable because I will assume I don't get it back

And I personally wouldn't lend to a stranger - too much hassle trying to collect the money relative to the value of the interest payment.

So, in short, I don't loan.

But the stranger sentiment is more referring to banks. I absolutely would never accept a loan from an acquaintance. Far too weird. Again, I would only take a loan from a friend if they fit the criteria above.

You are very angry J.man. Why is that?? I take on a lot of different ways of making money like I stated to Hollyj. Banks take on small and large loans as well and what they would consider "baby loans" as well. I suggest you be more respectful in your posts and stop the ****cussing. A man should be in control of his emotional center at all times. Like I said she knew the terms and was more than okay with them. She could have gotten a loan from 10 other places if she wanted to but she chose me. Money is no problem for me and if I gave a pass to all my friends who have borrowed money like you I would eventually lose respect.
OK gotta admit I didn't read your post. Just gonna assume it's more whining about not getting $40 despite all your riches. Appreciate the effort, though.

mustlovedogs - It can be a hassle sometimes. I do require collateral when I loan...for almost all loans. If I wanted to just give money to a close friend I could and have before, but rarely. This is what I would consider a friend and I did say good friend in my original post. I loan in a more business like manner even to friends. My multi-millionaire friend taught me a lot and taught me about collateral and the importance of having signed agreements. I agree loans are sometimes a pain and I was venting and although I have already made thousands of dollars from loans there are still kinks that do come up.

Archived