but when you have others trying their best to hurt you should you still walk away and stop giving them all that power or show them that you will not take their abuse or vengeful acts lightly?

Let it go ?

Easier said than done......

Yes Kate111,

the Pope Miraculously forgave the assassin that attempted his life,.

However, others would not be so forgiving

in worse case
scenarios.

Trust me I know this and everyone understands too.

I agree with the last 2 posts 100%.

The only thing I regret with the guy who was a complete so and so to me is that at the end I was not nice enough and not forgiving enough! If I had been totally cool with the break up and even happy then that would have been perfect.

Plus it lets you feel good about yourself. Generous even.

dfreitas, I know what you mean. My ex is getting married soon, and it makes me bitter not because I want to be with him, but because he's always got good things going on. And after how he treated me, well ... it just seems rather unfair, ya know? Why should he be happy and fortunate, when I'm still recovering from what he put me through?

Believe me, I know where you're at and what kind of scumbucket you're dealing with.

BUT, yes, everyone else on here who says to live your life without taking revenge is right. When you think about it, your best friends probably would like to see you happy, carefree, excited about your life, and free to find Mr. Right. And they want that not because they're tired of talking with you about the ex (although they might be - >wink

I try to remember that when I start having bouts of "why me???" It does help. Will you choose to be happy and let go of the bad memories too? Take care.

I know exactly how you feel.

This is my first time using this forum and I am glad I found it.

I was married for only a year to a man of my dreams...

Love him to death.

after a year he told me he missed his old life and moved to another city to live with his mother...

I am crushed, shocked,confused, mizerable...

On top of that, he was unemployed for the past six months of our marriage and I paid all the Bills, he sayed, I will get it all back when he will start working again. He has been working for the past few months and his first paycheck went on serving me with divorce papers...

I am furious! Talking about reveange!

He treats me like dirt and has changed all his phone numbers so I can't reach him.

This is the man who claimed he loved me soooo much and I was his dream woman...Of cause I was...As long as I paid the bills.I wake up in the morning and pray to God to take my life! It hurts soooo much.

Don't know if I am going to make it.

But I know, reveange will be a temporary satisfaction...

What do I do?

He gave you divorce papers ? Well congrats to you.

As painful as this is the best is yet to come!

I hated my ex even to this day when he was right in saying you have all the time and freedom in the world to do everything you wanted to do. When I was with him, I could not get the opportunity to go the bookstore or go to the movies by myself. Now I can without that idiot nagging wanting me to be by his side like a four year old. Bleah!

He maybe enjoying it now with his new girl but honey let me tell you the honest truth what I allowed him to get away with his new girlfriend will not which means she is a keeper and a believer and will stay true to herself while giving him a run for his money as he is trying to keep up to her "high maintenance" as he explained.

The point is as difficult this is and it cuts you like a knife, better things are to arise from this. That is why you have a grieving period.

Enjoy what you had with your ex and brush yourself off and do things you want to do that were not possible before. That is what the true revenge is

This is what previous posters are saying 8)

I don't know if this helps but really you are in a better state than I was and you will feel better when the pain subsides plus you supported him. how sad is that?

The brat even ran to his mommy ! Unbelievable. Headache for her not you!