How do I handle this situation?? Advice needed, Please.

WoundedRose90

I couldn't agree with this more. It's about standing for your child and the financial support she is entitled to for the next 18 yrs. You must go to court and file.

Do not get in some power struggle with him about who files first etc.. All the info and links you've gotten on this thread is excellent.

Child support is not optional. They will hunt him down, revoke his license, garnish his wages, whatever it takes for the next 18 yrs in order for you daughter to receive what she is legally entitled to. This is not about you.

Yup. For the many things it catches flak for sucking at, the US government is good at two things: 1) war, and 2) getting its money. If there's someone out there who should and could be paying for what the government is paying for, they'll by and large make sure it happens.

If you really want to be a role model for her daughter, keep her away from that man. and when she is older explain it to her. I am not a mother but I am a daughter, and i would not want a father like that in my life. You would be a much better role model by keeping her away from him. when she is older and wants to know about her father let her know him but make sure she knows who he is, don't keep her from knowing, but while she is growing up don't let her around someone that could poorly influence her. You wouldn't want a man to treat her like that, don't let her be around it. you would be protecting her.

Archived