Afraid of change

Lotusavx

long story short- boyfriend who I lived with broke up with me and moved out. Lots of issues on both our parts. I'm seriously so scared of the life changes happening: moving from our apartment to my moms house, being apart from my ex, starting college in September. The changes feel so overwhelming and sudden and I'm so stressed out. I really want to become confident and be able to be happy on my own without relying on him. I'm so scared and overwhelmed and thinking way too far ahead. I need help with the breakup, the changes its all just too much. I am trying to take a soldier approach to it all but I can only be so strong please help

You are right; you are thinking too far ahead.

The time leading up to the change is often more stressful than the actual change itself. This is because there are so many unknowns. It sets the mind racing.

You are going through a lot of changes at once, which is stressful enough. But you are making it harder for yourself by ruminating on the future.

One thing you can do to make it better right now is focus on what is in front of you right at this moment.

You need to try and calm the brain down a little.

You are feeling overwhelmed with a lot right now.

I suggest you talk to your dr about anxiety if you feel you're experiencing this AND see a therapist.

They can often help you work things out and get you talking....

For now.. go one day at a time. Deal with today. What can be done today?

Also, I found journalling helped. I wrote for months about my emotions, thoughts, etc.

While you go about your days.. remember to take care of YOU now. No matter what, all we've got in the end is ourselves.

Eat well, get your rest, get some air.. try to get out doors or exercise.. etc.

Archived