NC 1 1/2 days.. What about his things?

DaniArizona

I posted about the break up yesterday, so I suppose you can look there for the back story

So the last time we technically talked was the night he walked out on me, 2 nights ago.

Now here's the thing, he walked out with none of his things.

I have a massive pile of his things sitting in my hallway ready to pack up.

Now, don't get me wrong, I already have a plan of what to do with his things (drop it all off at his dad's)

But isn't it odd that he hasn't called me about his things? Or even his dog?

I refuse to contact him, haven't all day, but wouldn't a sane person at least have a friend or their mom or something contact me for all their possessions and DOG?

After reading your previous threads, rather than wondering why he hasn't called, you should be celebrating his departure. I'm not trying to minimize your pain, but it appears that you're self-respect went on a downward spiral during the time you had with that freeloader.

I would start working on raising my standards, as well as my self-respect.

He left his dog? Well dang...I can see not being so concerned with his stuff since its only been two days but to leave his dog is weird and pretty irresponsible on his part.

In this case you need to break NC, that is a living creature, not just a pile of clothes he needs to tell you what to do with his pet. If it were just his stuff I would say bring it to his dad's but obviously can't do that with the dog.

Okay I read your other thread (should have read that first) this entire situation sounds toxic and you're better off without it. Seriously, that is a huge dysfunctional mess!

I'm not convinced he's gone for good though, seems like he stormed out in the heat of the moment I don't think he planned to never come back (could be wrong) if he doesn't answer you and you don't hear anything from him for a few more days I think you should contact his dad and see if you can bring his stuff and his dog to him.

Edited to say: Or keep the dog. But like I said I'm not convinced he meant to leave for good, but if he DOES return I think you should tell him to hit the road for good, he sounds like nothing but drama.

Oh stick to the breakup. My neighbor heard someone knocking at my door at 2 am. I was fast asleep. I'm guessing it was probably him.

He's going to try to come back and act like nothing happened because you support him and his troop of worthless druggies. He doesn't want to let the money train go. If you make him leave he might actually have to find a job and support himself! The horror!

yeah... The sadness hit me for a second while I was folding clothes a little bit ago, that now I'll only be folding my clothes. Only my clothes will be in the closet. But it only lasted a quick second. It's so odd how not devistated I am about this. Last time we broke up I couldn't eat, I cried every day all month long, even at work. I don't feel that sort of sadness this time.

I know it's nice to think of the aspects of being able to just shop for myself. Or even just to save money (like I really need to do). I quit a lot of bad habits and have been better off for it. I feel like he's another bad habit I'll feel better about quitting in the long run.

Archived