Do I text her or let her text me?

CasualDude10

So I went on this date with this girl that was really cool/interesting. I picked her up, we went to eat, I paid, and I took her home. She thanked me for the date and said she had a good time and it was nice meeting me.

Its been a couple hours now and I am used to girls texting me after the date telling me they had a good time. She hasn't. So should I text her or wait for her to text me? She showed strong interest in me during the date, and I want to keep her interest there. I do not want to come off as needy by texting her.

What do you all think?

(PS, we never text besides the first time we talked to each other and to setup the date)

Nice Avatar, im from Michigan myself.

Let tonight settle. Think about a day and what you can invite her to do then contact her and ask her on a second date within the next couple days. If shes interested in you, that wont go away in a day or two. Let the good time you had resonate tonight.

That's odd, most dates/relationships I've been in, usually the guy has texted me a little while after the date saying they had a good time etc lets do this again. And if I'm interested usually I respond in kind. And I don't know if it's because texting is so convenient now, but usually it's a few hours after the date too, especially if they're interested. At this point, I guess just contact her tomorrow.

That's odd, most dates/relationships I've been in, usually the guy has texted me a little while after the date saying they had a good time etc lets do this again. And if I'm interested usually I respond in kind. And I don't know if it's because texting is so convenient now, but usually it's a few hours after the date too, especially if they're interested. At this point, I guess just contact her tomorrow.
|

If I think the date went well, I bring up interest in a second date during our goodbyes. No need to set a date, just seeing if there's mutual interest in continuing seeing each other.

Go to bed tonight and stop thinking.

Give her a call tomorrow.

Also, why do so many guys these days expect girls to text first or better yet text at all? It seems very passive to me.

To be fair, if someone plans the date, offers a ride, and pays for you, I think a thank you text is a very basic courtesy to extend. That's somewhat special to this case, though. Most first dates nowadays are a bit more equally split time, effort, and money-wise and I wouldn't expect the woman to be the one to initiate afterward.

Really, though, if I were the OP and had gone through the effort and expense, I wouldn't consider calling or texting her if I didn't get a "thank you" or "I had a great night." Admittedly, I'm a somewhat irrational stickler when it comes to that kind of thing, though.

To be fair, if someone plans the date, offers a ride, and pays for you, I think a thank you text is a very basic courtesy to extend. That's somewhat special to this case, though. Most first dates nowadays are a bit more equally split time, effort, and money-wise and I wouldn't expect the woman to be the one to initiate afterward.

Really, though, if I were the OP and had gone through the effort and expense, I wouldn't consider calling or texting her if I didn't get a "thank you" or "I had a great night." Admittedly, I'm a somewhat irrational stickler when it comes to that kind of thing, though.

Actually, I take this all back. I don't know why I assumed she couldn't have thanked him at all during the date. So no, I suppose either way no one owes it to the other to initiate the follow-up.

OP, if you want to, just do it. I'd wait until the next day if you can bear it, but if she really digs you, she won't care whether it's the same night or the next, text or phone call.

I always send a post meet text saying that it was nice to meet and to thank him, as the majority of the time he has paid. I do not mention getting together again, if it comes up, then I will accept if interested.

And I agree with the others, overthinking is the kiss of death. And like jman said if she likes you, it won't really matter when you send the text or make the call.

Honestly, I miss the days when there was no texting. We didn't have to wonder why they didn't text after the date, why the didn't text the next day...what does this text "mean". LOL!

It's been a day since your date, have you reached out to her again? Either by phone or text? I'm seeing someone right now that doesn't really like to text, he prefers to talk to me on the phone which is fine with me because his voice sends shivers up my spine Let her hear your voice!

Archived