Stress and a Backache/ A vicious circle

I have a job which is full of stress, and have been struggling with the torrible pain in my back -for 3 months now- which hurts whenever I sit. The problem is this does not stop, I have gone to a series of doctors, all of which said a different thing, some said do not do any sports and some gave me some small exercise.

So I began to do exercises, but whenever I get down, the terrible pain begins, than I began to get more depressed, and then comes the vicious circle!!

I have realized that my mental situation affects my body immediately but I don't know how to get out of this circle?

Any advice on how to reduce stress? or how to cure this pain is welcome, and let me add that I am not that kind of a person who enjoys going to a club, a sports activity or stg. like that, in other words I really don't know very well to make myself feel relaxed..I only like to have a walk on my own, but I am not sure whether it is good for my back? or makes it worse?

Please help, I am starting to think that I am like those old old people who alwys speak of their pain!!

dont get anti depressants or relaxers.....

theres solutions besides pill-popping.

visit a chiropractor. they usually have free consultations, find one right for you. ask him/her about acupunction. ITS AWESOME!!! not to mention i heard it has a very high success rate of not only curing body aches but also helps people quit smoking. its prevents some kind of addicting chemical in a smokers system from entering the brain. its pretty cool.

also try purchasing a bottle of Eucalyptus Oil. it is a miricle worker!!!! it even helps w/ those who suffer from bad cases of Arthritis! just rub it on a few times a day & it works! if it doesnt work immediately give it a day or 2. its really effective! it has a strong Vicks smell, but damn its worth it!!

massage therapy could help loosen up the muscles brought on by stress.

try eating less salty foods. low sodium intake helps prevent high blood pressure. HBP makes you very on edge & stressed out.

purchase a body pillow. itll help support & comfort your back as you sleep.

what it might be is a pinched nerve or herniated disk in your spine. your Dr. will run some tests & find out what your deal is. youll probably also get tested for Scoliosis....(a misshapened spine.) a Dr. could advise you of exorcises to help you.

yoga helps too. it stretches your muscles lossening them up so they arent contracted all the time.

take a few days off & relax.

-DG724

I have realized that my mental situation affects my body immediately but I don't know how to get out of this circle?

Any advice on how to reduce stress? or how to cure this pain is welcome, and let me add that I am not that kind of a person who enjoys going to a club, a sports activity or stg. like that, in other words I really don't know very well to make myself feel relaxed..I only like to have a walk on my own, but I am not sure whether it is good for my back? or makes it worse?

Please help, I am starting to think that I am like those old old people who alwys speak of their pain!!

yea its called psycho-somatic behavior...your body reacting to your brain & vice versa. you can do yoga or specified exorcises from your Dr. in your own home...no sign up fees required.

ps: youre not an old woman. hahaha overworked, but not old.

-DG724

I used to have a lot of back pain (upper back/shoulders) and headaches due to stress & poor posture. Seeing a chiropractor every 3 weeks and a licensed massage therapist every other week has been the combination of things that's elminated both the pain & headaches. Worth every penny and much better for you than drugs.

that is why I asked where the pain is. Pain in the shoulders and neck can be caused by stress. Chiropractors, massage can help relieve the tension but can't remove the stress. It maybe the long term solution is to find out what is causing the stress and tke steps to stop, or at least reduce it.

Have you tried going to a chiropractor? I found one that is just amazing. She actually fixed a problem I've had since childhood.

I don't want to say I know this for sure, but I'll tell my story of Chyropractors.

My neighbor accross the street had a sore neck. She went the the chyropractor a few times. After a few times, she went one night and came home. That night she had a major stroke. It's been a few years and she hasn't recovered. I hear they do wonders on backs, but as far as I have heard, don't let them touch your neck!

True story

Jimbo, out

There have been a few stories about chiropractors and strokes - but the evidence is always anecdotal and there is no hard evidence at all - either statistical or direct link. And as always consider the source: most of these tales come from doctors who have historically had a professional distaste for chiropractic.

The chances are that you could take a number of activities that people engage in and find that within a few days a small percentage of them will have something happen to them. e.g. say somebody finds that within three days of eating a Big Mac (X) number of people buy a winning lottery ticket. To draw a cause and effect relationship from that is unscientific. But to publicise it would do McDonald's sales figures a world of good.