Stood up....but very strange....

KrisCO

I met a guy online and had a great first date on Tuesday. We spoke on the phone and emailed everyday since. He was very verbal about how much he liked me, how attractive I was and how he was really "into" me.

I asked him if I could take him out Saturday for his birthday. I was even going to pay. He agreed and said he was so excited to see me. Well, he stood me up. Today (Monday 14 Feb) he sent me an email telling me I was "off the hook" for our date Saturday. He said he could tell I didn't really want to go out and it was "nice knowing me". He advised me he knew I had a date the Friday before. This was untrue. I didn't call him Friday because I knew we had a date for Saturday and I didn't want to be one of those girls who has to have daily contact. I wrote him and told him I was actually out with my girl friend picking out a gift for him and some new lingerie (I was planning on making it a VERY special birthday...

Anyway, I would love for a guy to tell me what's going on here!! My instinct is *he* is not interested in me and he is trying to place blame on me. I would like to see him more, but I am not going to persue someone who is not interested. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

True Krisco,

Someone who starts behaving complicate, demanding or controlling after one date is not a good sign.

It is a warning.

You get turned on by the idea of doing something really nice for him and he responds like a jerk.

In my opinion, it is plain rude. Don't answer and don't call back. No need even to justify yourself.

Don't stay around anyone who treats you like that.

There is plenty of guys out there who are respectful and will be delighted to respect your space and freedom.

After one date, you are free. He has no right to claim any part of your time, life, actions, who you see or not see.

Take it as a learning experience and go for guys who do respect you fully from the start

Take care and enjoy!

vitalcoach